cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What CU am I missing? 😃

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

What CU am I missing? 😃

Take a look at my line up in my siggy.

 

If you had my set up, what CU do you feel I should have in there that I am missing?

 

If your recommendation is part of a geofence, please let me know  Smiley Happy






Potential Future Cards
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: What CU am I missing? 😃

IMO this is approaching it backwards. You are trying to find a lender and then justify products instead of finding the products that fit your spend (if you even need any more) and working from there. Just because I think a certain lender is great doesn't mean any of their products would be best for you. I understand some people just like to "collect" cards/lenders but in the current enviornment credit seeking just for the sake of it is probably not a great idea.

Message 2 of 24
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: What CU am I missing? 😃


@kdm31091 wrote:

IMO this is approaching it backwards. You are trying to find a lender and then justify products instead of finding the products that fit your spend (if you even need any more) and working from there. Just because I think a certain lender is great doesn't mean any of their products would be best for you. I understand some people just like to "collect" cards/lenders but in the current enviornment credit seeking just for the sake of it is probably not a great idea.


Just starting a conversation - not really actively looking for a new CU right now - just wanted to see what some MF'ers thoughts were.






Potential Future Cards
Message 3 of 24
Highlighted
New Member

Re: What CU am I missing? 😃

I would add PSECU to the list. I have their founders card (alumni version). Its a 2% card with a fairly low interest rate. (They have another card with no rewards with a lower rate too). 

You can be anywhere in the country to join (that does change at times) if you donate $20 to a certain charity. 

They have been pretty good about providing rewards to their members at the end of the year too. They did not this year but usually its between 5-10 extra at the beginning of the year. 

Message 4 of 24
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: What CU am I missing? 😃


@Roger1071549 wrote:

I would add PSECU to the list. I have their founders card (alumni version). Its a 2% card with a fairly low interest rate. (They have another card with no rewards with a lower rate too). 

You can be anywhere in the country to join (that does change at times) if you donate $20 to a certain charity. 

They have been pretty good about providing rewards to their members at the end of the year too. They did not this year but usually its between 5-10 extra at the beginning of the year. 


Thanks, and I like this part " if you donate $20 to a certain charity. "

 

More CUs should do that if they don't already  Smiley Happy






Potential Future Cards
Message 5 of 24
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: What CU am I missing? 😃

DCU great rates, 6.17% on the first 1k in savings. 

 

No frills Visa with super low rate. Killer refi rates on Auto.

Message 6 of 24
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: What CU am I missing? 😃

Another vote for DCU. 




Message 7 of 24
Highlighted
Epic Contributor

Re: What CU am I missing? 😃

 

@AverageJoesCredit  Will stop by shortly to recommend PenfedSmiley Wink

 

Message 8 of 24
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: What CU am I missing? 😃


@Mv350 wrote:

DCU great rates, 6.17% on the first 1k in savings. 

 

No frills Visa with super low rate. Killer refi rates on Auto.


DCU savings is definitely the best hidden gem along with the free EQ 5 score. Just wish it was more than 1K maximum, but of course there's a reason for that. 

Message 9 of 24
Highlighted
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: What CU am I missing? 😃


@Mv350 wrote:

DCU great rates, 6.17% on the first 1k in savings. 

 

No frills Visa with super low rate. Killer refi rates on Auto.


I would also recommend DCU. Site and apps easy to work with. Great rates. I wouldn't recommend if you like to call about accounts. Hold times are excessive and ridiculous... That's without current pandemic issues.

I'm not one who calls much though.

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.