Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What CU am I missing? 😃

tag
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

What CU am I missing? 😃

Take a look at my line up in my siggy.

If you had my set up, what CU do you feel I should have in there that I am missing?

If your recommendation is part of a geofence, please let me know  Smiley Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: What CU am I missing? 😃

IMO this is approaching it backwards. You are trying to find a lender and then justify products instead of finding the products that fit your spend (if you even need any more) and working from there. Just because I think a certain lender is great doesn't mean any of their products would be best for you. I understand some people just like to "collect" cards/lenders but in the current enviornment credit seeking just for the sake of it is probably not a great idea.

Message 2 of 24
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

IMO this is approaching it backwards. You are trying to find a lender and then justify products instead of finding the products that fit your spend (if you even need any more) and working from there. Just because I think a certain lender is great doesn't mean any of their products would be best for you. I understand some people just like to "collect" cards/lenders but in the current enviornment credit seeking just for the sake of it is probably not a great idea.

Just starting a conversation - not really actively looking for a new CU right now - just wanted to see what some MF'ers thoughts were.

Potential Future Cards
Message 3 of 24
Roger1071549
New Contributor

I would add PSECU to the list. I have their founders card (alumni version). Its a 2% card with a fairly low interest rate. (They have another card with no rewards with a lower rate too). 

You can be anywhere in the country to join (that does change at times) if you donate $20 to a certain charity. 

They have been pretty good about providing rewards to their members at the end of the year too. They did not this year but usually its between 5-10 extra at the beginning of the year. 

Message 4 of 24
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Roger1071549 wrote:

I would add PSECU to the list. I have their founders card (alumni version). Its a 2% card with a fairly low interest rate. (They have another card with no rewards with a lower rate too). 

You can be anywhere in the country to join (that does change at times) if you donate $20 to a certain charity. 

They have been pretty good about providing rewards to their members at the end of the year too. They did not this year but usually its between 5-10 extra at the beginning of the year. 

Thanks, and I like this part " if you donate $20 to a certain charity. "

More CUs should do that if they don't already  Smiley Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 5 of 24
Mv350
Valued Contributor

DCU great rates, 6.17% on the first 1k in savings. 

No frills Visa with super low rate. Killer refi rates on Auto.

Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another vote for DCU. 

Message 7 of 24
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit  Will stop by shortly to recommend PenfedSmiley Wink

Message 8 of 24
Eagered2succeed
Frequent Contributor

@Mv350 wrote:

DCU savings is definitely the best hidden gem along with the free EQ 5 score. Just wish it was more than 1K maximum, but of course there's a reason for that. 

Message 9 of 24
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Mv350 wrote:

I would also recommend DCU. Site and apps easy to work with. Great rates. I wouldn't recommend if you like to call about accounts. Hold times are excessive and ridiculous... That's without current pandemic issues.

I'm not one who calls much though.

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.