cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does your investment portfolio look like?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What does your investment portfolio look like?

Hello all,

I am 25 years old, married (student debt 120K/no home). Just checking with fellow members, what does your investment portfolio look like?

Regards,

Dhi

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What does your investment portfolio look like?

A great choice for you would be to read a solid introduction to investing and retirement planning, especially one aimed at someone in his mid-20s.  The best one I know of like that is IF YOU CAN, by William Bernstein.  It is available free on the internet.  He has no agenda (no particular funds or weird hobby horse that he is trying to sell or promote) -- just a great source of basic info and an extraordinary writer.  (He's also a brilliant investor and a theorist about the psychology of investing.)

After you master that short little book, you could consider moving on to something a bit more substantial (but still aimed at beginners) like his book THE INVESTOR'S MANIFESTO.

Getting a list of portfolios from a random bunch of folks here will help you less.  It won't give you the tools to evaluate whether that particular person is making good decisions, for one thing.  More importantly, it won't tell you what you should be doing, because a given portfolio (even when it is wisely chosen) depends a ton on the person's age, risk tolerance, current income, disposable income, access to 401k options, upcoming needs (kids, house, etc.), how much you have saved toward an emergency fund, and many other factors.  So just because Bob, George, and Sue say that they are doing X, Y, and Z -- that doesn't mean anything for what is right for you.

Reading the books I mentioned will help you make the decisions that are right for you.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What does your investment portfolio look like?

Thank you @creditguyindixie. Smiley Happy 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.