Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is KovoCredit...?

tag
Charmante
Frequent Contributor

What is KovoCredit...?

I ran across KovoCredit.com and I'm absolutely confused...

It says it's NOT a Loan, or CC... but WILL improve my credit...

Then it has two options, one is $10 monthly for 24 months OR a single purchase for $240...? I'm confused...

What DO I get for $240...?

What IS this? Lol

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: What is KovoCredit...?

Appears to be a credit builder loan?

Message 2 of 19
Charmante
Frequent Contributor

It says it is NOT a loan?

And it has an option for a ONE TIME $240 payment, instead of $10 payments...

What does that do?

Anyone know?

Message 3 of 19
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Where are you seeing this information?  I don't see anywhere where it says it is not a loan.  At first glance at their website it looked to be an installment loan but now I am thinking they just may be a retailer offering to bill your credit card in equal installments; but there is no way that would impact your credit since it wouldn't report a tradeline.  Did you get to this website from another website?

Message 4 of 19
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

https://domainwat.ch/site/kovocredit.com#ip_info

I did a little digging, didn't come away with much. 

I could be wrong but my gut sense is that this is something best avoided.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 19
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@coldfusion wrote:

https://domainwat.ch/site/kovocredit.com#ip_info

I did a little digging, didn't come away with much. 

I could be wrong but my gut sense is that this is something best avoided.

Their domain expires in 5 days.  Maybe it's a limited time promotional offer?  🤭

Message 6 of 19
Charmante
Frequent Contributor

I searched Best Credit Union Credit Card for Building Credit and it was a top of page list (AD).

Guess that's a bad idea. Lol

Message 7 of 19
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Charmante wrote:

I searched Best Credit Union Credit Card for Building Credit and it was a top of page list (AD).

Guess that's a bad idea. Lol

It was not a bad idea, you had a bad outcome.

Poke around the site a bit more and don't be afraid to ask questions, there are a lot of people here who are happy to share their thoughts based upon their own personal experiences building (or rebulding) credit.

If you make a mistake as to which section of the site you post a question you won't get in trouble, one of the mods will relocate it for you.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 8 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Where are you seeing this information?  I don't see anywhere where it says it is not a loan.  At first glance at their website it looked to be an installment loan but now I am thinking they just may be a retailer offering to bill your credit card in equal installments; but there is no way that would impact your credit since it wouldn't report a tradeline.  Did you get to this website from another website?

Once you start the application it says:

Credit Builder Installment Plan is:

🚫 Not a loan.

🚫 Not a line of credit.

🚫 Not a credit card.

🚫 Not a savings account.

The T&Cs talk about evolving services.   My guess is you pay them money in equal installments and they report it (to the 4 CRAs they list).   It's not a loan as you never receive the money.   Instead you do get reports "How to buy a car" and "How to buy a house"   (well worth $240!)  Not sure what the non-credit-builder option does for you though, $240 at once for the reports?

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

The "public benefit corporation" language sounds super scammy.

Yes there is such a thing, but regardless of whether they serve their purpose you should not have to guess what their purpose is.

Robert Maxwell would be quite old if he were still alive, but this looks like Robert Maxwell type enterprise.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.