Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should we do?

tag
JetOneTV
New Contributor

What should we do?

Hello Everyone with myFico, hope your doing well.

Let me get to the point, I have a question for my wife.

BALANCE AVAILABLE CREDIT TOTAL CREDIT APR  
–$608.03$1,891.97$2,500.0018.24% 
–$281.80$1,918.20$2,200.0025.24% 
–$190.77$309.23$500.0025.15% 
–$216.34$0.00 (Don't know why Chase has this at 0.)$1,800.0021.24% 
-$172.47$327.00$500.004.99% (Promo) - Reg: 17.24% 
-$339.81$5,160.19$5,500.0021.24% 

I don't know why but I thought she had a "Secured Mastercard®" from Capital One (the one above) however I remember that she used to be charged every year for having this card.

She does not have bad credit anymore, however did Capital One change this? or was she upgraded to the new card?, at one point we was talking about cancelling the card because she did not need to pay fees every year but its also her 1st credit card.

I could simply transfer everything to one of my own credit cards with $15,000 and a 13% apr I think.. with my credit union... I think that would be a better option?

Please share advice thank you.

Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $28K | U.S. Bank Cash® Visa Signature® Card: $25K | Arrowhead Visa® $15K | My Best Buy® Visa® Card: $15K | Citi® Double Cash Card: $12.75K | PenFed Gold Visa® Card: $12.5K | PenFed Promise Visa® Card: $12.5K | U.S. Bank Cash 365™ American Express® Card: $16.2K | Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card: $12K | BankAmerica® Better Balance Rewards Platinum Plus Mastercard: $12K | Citi Simplicity® Card: $11.1K | Chase Freedom® Card: $10K | PayPal® Credit Digital Credit: $10K | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature® card: $7.5K | The Bread Cashback™ American Express® Credit Card: $7K | Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® Card: $7K | Apple Card: $6.5K | JCPenney Mastercard®: $6K | Chase Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card: $5.8K | American Express® Blue Cash Everyday® Card: $5K | Wells Fargo Autograph℠ Card: $4K | Chase Ink Business Unlimited® Card: $3K | Best Egg Card: $3K | PlayStation® Visa® Credit Card: $2.9K | Micro Center Insider® credit card: $2.1K | Hot Topic Guest List Credit Card: $400 |

| 1st CC since 2007 | Last Updated: 09/29/22 | Total: $252.25K |
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What should we do?

IF the objective is to pay less in interest then sure.

Depending on the CU there may be a BT fee but, some are no charge fees to move balances to their cards.  If there's a fee it might be more worthwhile to just tarfet one card per month to PIF and move onto the next one.  These aren't 10K balances.  

Start with either the smallest balance for the sense of achievment or start with the highest APR to save more $.  

Message 2 of 20
Petit3tee
Contributor

Mine comes with annual fees ($29) as well. I don't think this is something new from Cap1 however, she can actually call them up and ask for an upgrade/product change to something else that doesn't come with annual fees like venture1. 

Current status: Gardening as of 5/2019 Projected: TBD

Message 3 of 20
Kforce
Valued Contributor

I would not bother.

$1,800 @ 20% = $30 month

$1,800@ 13% = $20 month

We are talking  $10 month difference in interest.

Just keep attacking payments.

Message 4 of 20
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

OP
What does your credit profile look like? If you could get a 0% BT card for 14-18 months with a decent CL, this would be ideal.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 5 of 20
JetOneTV
New Contributor

This is her "CreditKarma". - for some reason I've not been able to get high credit with hers as much as my own.

Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $28K | U.S. Bank Cash® Visa Signature® Card: $25K | Arrowhead Visa® $15K | My Best Buy® Visa® Card: $15K | Citi® Double Cash Card: $12.75K | PenFed Gold Visa® Card: $12.5K | PenFed Promise Visa® Card: $12.5K | U.S. Bank Cash 365™ American Express® Card: $16.2K | Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card: $12K | BankAmerica® Better Balance Rewards Platinum Plus Mastercard: $12K | Citi Simplicity® Card: $11.1K | Chase Freedom® Card: $10K | PayPal® Credit Digital Credit: $10K | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature® card: $7.5K | The Bread Cashback™ American Express® Credit Card: $7K | Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® Card: $7K | Apple Card: $6.5K | JCPenney Mastercard®: $6K | Chase Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card: $5.8K | American Express® Blue Cash Everyday® Card: $5K | Wells Fargo Autograph℠ Card: $4K | Chase Ink Business Unlimited® Card: $3K | Best Egg Card: $3K | PlayStation® Visa® Credit Card: $2.9K | Micro Center Insider® credit card: $2.1K | Hot Topic Guest List Credit Card: $400 |

Message 6 of 20
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@JetOneTV wrote:

This is her "CreditKarma". - for some reason I've not been able to get high credit with hers as much as my own.

Sorry, need your FICO scores.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 7 of 20
JetOneTV
New Contributor

Untitled67.png

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Throw the CK ratings out the window for apple to apple comarison. Fico wise it doesn't get much closer than what you just posted.  

My concern here is why your TU scores are so much higher than the other 2.  There's obviously something big weighing them down for both of you.

Message 9 of 20
JetOneTV
New Contributor

Well as far as myself.
About $9k to $10k used on a PenFed Credit Card.
I have 2 car loans (one of which I do not pay for, because my mother wanted the car so she pays it on behalf because I was going to get rid of it.)

1. Car Loan with Arrowhead CU
Currently $16k (or so)
2. Car Loan also with Arrowhead CU
Currently $11k (I don't pay this one)
3. Biggest debt is the PenFed Credit Card at about $9k - 10k.

As for her.
1. Auto Loan ($7-8k)
2. Credit Card Debt (above) about $2k
3. She does have a odd dog ticket thing which doesn't belong to her. She was like 17-18 years old at the time. But from what i remember it was like $400 in city collections.

Other then this I'm not sure.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.