Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wheelhouse Credit union

tag
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Wheelhouse Credit union

Wheelhouse credit union - San Diego

Any data points or thoughts on this credit union?

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Wheelhouse Credit union

Lol @woodyman100  you are bored arent you Smiley Happy..  Never even heard of this CU so many of them.. Limits only go up to 20k so figure they are probably smalller or more conservative of a CU?

I am looking for a card with a bonus now that i still can get that i havent gotten or willing to approve my credit seeking behavior while this pademic is still around as alot of lenders are alot tighter other then CU's..  I need to spend about 4k in next two months so figured was a good time and searching myself, but for a bonus of at least 150+!

Message 2 of 7
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Lol @woodyman100  you are bored arent you Smiley Happy..  Never even heard of this CU so many of them.. Limits only go up to 20k so figure they are probably smalller or more conservative of a CU?

I am looking for a card with a bonus now that i still can get that i havent gotten or willing to approve my credit seeking behavior while this pademic is still around as alot of lenders are alot tighter other then CU's..  I need to spend about 4k in next two months so figured was a good time and searching myself, but for a bonus of at least 150+!

Yeah, I'm just trying to scratch an itch. @12njoy and I are in the same boat as we have pretty much milked the whole herd.🥴

I signed up for a membership at the San Diego Zoo to join several months ago and let it sit with $10.

I apped yesterday and it went pending. 
After I made this post a nice lady called and asked why I needed a credit card from them.
Before I could answer she said "Do you just want a credit card from us too"? 😂

I said "Yup" and she chuckled. We discussed a refi for both my vehicles. Will shave 1 1/2 pts off the int rate.

Had a lovely conversation. She was exceptionally nice. 
We will wait to see what underwriting says. I'm not holding out hope, but I made a new friend in San Diego😂

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 3 of 7
12njoy
Super Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Yeah, I'm just trying to scratch an itch. @12njoy and I are in the same boat as we have pretty much milked the whole herd.🥴

I signed up for a membership at the San Diego Zoo to join several months ago and let it sit with $10.

After I made this post a nice lady called and asked why I needed a credit card from them.

I said "Yup" and she chuckled. We discussed a refi for both my vehicles. Will shave 1 1/2 pts off the int rate.

We will wait to see what underwriting says. I'm not holding out hope, but I made a new friend in San Diego😂

You've got that right woodyman.  Not much left in the barn for me.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 4 of 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@woodyman100 wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

lol obviously she had your Credit report in front of her and she was no dummy lol.. let me know how it turns out as might pique my interest also who did they pull for CC also did they pull for membership

Message 5 of 7
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@woodyman100 wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

lol obviously she had your Credit report in front of her and she was no dummy lol.. let me know how it turns out as might pique my interest also who did they pull for CC also did they pull for membership

For me it was a SP on Experian in May to join. YMMV

HP on Ex for the CC app.

Message 6 of 7
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@woodyman100 wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

For me it was a SP on Experian in May to join. YMMV

HP on Ex for the CC app.

Declined. I might go ahead and put more money 💰 in this account and keep it though. 
The lady was very nice. Who knows, might get a preapproval down the line. 
I'll give it 2 years

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.