cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which CRA Is Pulled for NFCU Membership and PLOC?

tag
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Which CRA Is Pulled for NFCU Membership and PLOC?

Which CRA's does NFCU soft pull for membership and LOC (TU, EQ, EX, ChexSystems, EW, LexisNexis, etc.)? I'm reading somewhat outdated info, TU for memberships and EQ for LOC.

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Which CRA Is Pulled for NFCU Membership and PLOC?

I'm not sure about the LOC, but I can confirm the membership is a TU HP.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 13
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

NFCU was a HP for me via TU -but- I also applied and was approved for the Go Rewards MC. Well worth the pull (to me).Smiley Wink

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 3 of 13
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Whoa! HP for membership? Smiley Surprised

Thanks @OmarGB9 and @babygirl1256. I wasn't expecting that.

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 4 of 13
DONZI
Established Contributor

I applied for membership just 9 days ago via telephone and IIRC the representative told me there wasn't going to be any HP involved. To that end, I have not had any alerts thus far of any hard inquiries.

I joined and created a flagship checking and required savings account and that was all. The following days were occupied with providing some ID/address verification via secure message, pushing some seed money into the account(s) and most recently, delivering the 97HX form (Tax ID Verification).

I have yet to refresh my 3B myFICO report (I'm thinking a HP would cause an alert with myFICO, yes?) so I've yet to audit the time window of the application...

Maybe a HP of any CRA is representative dependant?

2014 credit2020 credit2021 credit2023 credit
paypal credit imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecharge card image
[2020-12-09]=[EQ8|786]-[TU8|746]-[EX8|772] .... gardening until I can't (again).
[2023-10-01]=[EQ8|797]-[TU8|776]-[EX8|775]
Message 5 of 13
wildboys
New Contributor

@SOGGIE wrote:

Which CRA's does NFCU soft pull for membership and LOC (TU, EQ, EX, ChexSystems, EW, LexisNexis, etc.)? I'm reading somewhat outdated info, TU for memberships and EQ for LOC.

They do not do a credit check for membership.

Message 6 of 13
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

I don't recall any HPs for membership for a few years I believe. 

Should just be a SP from TU.

The LOC will be a HP.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 7 of 13
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@DONZI , @wildboys  and @Mr_Mojo_Risin:

Thanks for the confirmation!

Message 8 of 13
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

I have never read about NAVY conducting a HP for membership only.  If I did, I would have never joined.  I joined last fall and there was a TU SP.  Hope this helps.

Message 9 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@LawStudentCivilis wrote:

I have never read about NAVY conducting a HP for membership only.  If I did, I would have never joined.  I joined last fall and there was a TU SP.  Hope this helps.

Wow, so Navy isnt worth a  hp? Thats crazy especially to think not everyone can join and the benefits that are gained with Navy Fed far outway a hp that stays on a report for 2 years, 1 scorable. Membership is for life.  To each their own i guessSmiley Wink

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.