cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Credit Union (CU) would you close?!

tag
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

Which Credit Union (CU) would you close?!

myFICO Familia,

We're approaching a new year and I'm looking at downsizing some of my current CU's to hopefully two SOLID choices. I'm in the near 3-6 years buying a house and I also would like to continue growing my relationship with two, maybe three of the below CU's. Which would you choose as your TOP two?

1. NFCU

2. PenFed

3. BECU

4. SchoolsFinancial -> SchoolsFirst —(SchoolsFinancial is merging with SchoolsFirst)

5. EECU Fresno, CA

19 REPLIES 19
Gunnerboy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Which Credit Union (CU) would you close?!

Top 2
1. BECU
2. NFCU

"Not everyone who helps you is a friend, and not everyone who challenges you is an enemy."
Message 2 of 20
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Certainly NOT NFCu.
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 20
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Have you considered gaining membership with more credit unions? Why limit yourself, diversify!
Message 4 of 20
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@TheFIGuy wrote:

myFICO Familia,

We're approaching a new year and I'm looking at downsizing some of my current CU's to hopefully two SOLID choices. I'm in the near 3-6 years buying a house and I also would like to continue growing my relationship with two, maybe three of the below CU's. Which would you choose as your TOP two?

1. NFCU

2. PenFed

3. BECU

4. SchoolsFinancial -> SchoolsFirst —(SchoolsFinancial is merging with SchoolsFirst)

5. EECU Fresno, CA

I wouldn't close any of them.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

1) NFCU

2) BECU

I would keep PenFed too and ditch the other two if you're dead set on closing some of them. 

Message 6 of 20
DoctorManhattan
Frequent Contributor

I love DCU Smiley Very Happy
Message 7 of 20
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

I can't say I know the intricacies of all of them but with credit and banks, you can leverage the different bureaus the different CUs pull. I would consider that in my strategy as far as hard inquiries go. 

The biggest question is, how are they treating YOU as a customer?

Message 8 of 20
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@TheFIGuy wrote:

myFICO Familia,

1. NFCU

2. PenFed

3. BECU

5. EECU Fresno, CA

I wouldn't close any of them.

+See the source image

Message 9 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Id keep them all. Lol @closing NavySmiley Wink. Only someone who would prefer Credit One over a Capital One would close a Navy membershipSmiley Wink. I like trollies gummy candy, sure makes a post more enjoyableSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.