cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which bank or credit union to bank with?

tag
aodfan
Established Member

Which bank or credit union to bank with?

So, here is my situation.  I have been banking with a local/regional bank for around 25 years, but lately, things have been changing and there really is no incentive to stay.  I mainly started looking to go elsewhere to have connected children's debit accounts to ours (parents) so that we can just transfer funds easier to them.  The bank that we started looking at that fit most of the checkmarks was Chase Bank.  Also, since Chase is a national bank we could have a branch within the vicinity when we eventually move.  What are others' experiences with Chase as your primary banking?  I am just wanting to make simple banking easier, but I also want to be comfortable with my chosen financial institution and not have to switch again later down the road.

Please advise if there some other places to check out.  Thanks

Here are some other places that I am a member of:

Navy Federal CU

USAA

PenFed CU

Alliant CU

Schwab

Ally

11/10/16 EX: 769 | EQ: 767 | TU: 748 | AAoA: 7.8 yrs | Oldest Account: 14.4 yrs | Utilization: 2.4% | Total CL: $39,300

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Which bank or credit union to bank with?

Never really had a problem with chase which is why I keep them around even though I use navy and a local cu. When it's important I use my chase account. Old dependable

Message 2 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@aodfan wrote:

So, here is my situation.  I have been banking with a local/regional bank for around 25 years, but lately, things have been changing and there really is no incentive to stay.  I mainly started looking to go elsewhere to have connected children's debit accounts to ours (parents) so that we can just transfer funds easier to them.  The bank that we started looking at that fit most of the checkmarks was Chase Bank.  Also, since Chase is a national bank we could have a branch within the vicinity when we eventually move.  What are others' experiences with Chase as your primary banking?  I am just wanting to make simple banking easier, but I also want to be comfortable with my chosen financial institution and not have to switch again later down the road.

Please advise if there some other places to check out.  Thanks

Here are some other places that I am a member of:

Navy Federal CU

USAA

PenFed CU

Alliant CU

Schwab

Ally

I think Chase is good as your primary bank.  They are reliable and professional.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 3 of 5
DSTforlife
Regular Contributor

Chase is my main bank.,..I’ve been using them since they merged with Bank United. My check is direct deposited there, I use the checking account features, and I send $$ to various other credit unions accounts for better savings interest rates. Be careful which checking account you choose because some have a $25 monthly fee if you don’t maintain a certain balance. I have it linked with my daughters account which is very convenient. I also have a robo-investing account with them and it works seamlessly with my checking.
Message 4 of 5
Ladyofthelake
Established Member

Chase dislike huge amount of cash deposit tho. 

I love good checking accounts and credit cards.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.