cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wierd us bank checking account approval I think...

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Wierd us bank checking account approval I think...

I just wanted to start a basic check account with us bank since it helps with approvals.
So I fill it all out, and says I wasn't approved for the account...
Moment later I get email with an account#. I called a csr who says even with denial message the fact I got an account number I did indeed get the account...
She went on to say she's the weekend car and Monday I would be in system.
Just a wierd experience.
I don't even care about the account just want to get the credit card but seems a relationship is basically necessary for credit card approvals?
Any similar experience?
I could cold app but haven't heard many success stories
Starting score(February 2018)-520
Current Score: FICO 8- 744EX, 755TU, 740EQ, Goal Score: 775 by (06/2020)
Buisness CC- Amex Amazon Prime Biz 3500
Amex SimplyCash Plus® -1300-
Amex Blue Business Plus Card -6700
Personal CC's HILTON HONORS
Cap1 Venture-VS-5000
Sams Club MC-4500
Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® WEMC-9000CL, Citi rewards+(wmc)(5400sl-6900cl
American Express® Rose Gold
1st Disco It- 2000 , 2nd Disco it- 2000SL-4000-4500CL
Dcu-3000-
12/18 Amazon SC- 500-2500-6000--10,000 cl AND-Walmart SC-250sl-1000-5000-6000cl, Home depot- 500sl-2000cl-
-dcu2.74 Auto loan(50% paid off)
Goal score 800

3 REPLIES 3
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Wierd us bank checking account approval I think...

It's not necessarily for any of their cards other than Altitude Reserve.
If your profile supports rest of their cards, you do not need depository account.
With that said, if it does not, checking/savings wont ensure you get one.

Right now you have 4 new cards (personal) just from this year, so it's iffy even with checking/savings, unless you're planning on depositing significant amount of money.
Message 2 of 4
Frequent Contributor

Agreed.  I am in the process of moving to USBank for my primary banking, from Wells 

I opened a checking but was denied for a CC since I opened 3 items in April.  New car, 2 new CC

i did just get a Saving opened with them as well, 4% MM account.  

will start running direct deposits starting next Monday and will wait for Feb/March 2020 before apping for Loc and CC

they specifically stated recent accounts as the reason for denial of CC ( I called them to recon).  

July 31/2019. EX-712. EQ-704. TU-726
Aug 23/2019. EX-709 EQ-710 TU-731
Oct 25 2019. EX-715 EQ-712 TU-734
Nov 15 2019. EX-716 EQ-718 TU-739
Message 3 of 4
Contributor

Us bank is just weird in general. I didn’t have an account with them and applied for a cash+ and was approved for $5k. After that I said to myself let me open and account with them. I have been with BofA for years and wasn’t happy with them. Won’t get into reasons.

Went into a US bank branch to open an account and was declined. Lady said I owed them $97 from a past account. I said what?! I’ve never had an account with you guys and if that was the case how would I just get approved for a credit card?? I paid the amount and opened the account after. Like I said weird bank.

So with what happened to you OP It sounds about right for them lol

Gardening until 09/2021
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.