Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I qualify for $5,000 loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will I qualify for $5,000 loan

I need $5,000 whether it's a loan or a credit card. I need jaw surgery like really bad, braces helped out but lower jaw surgery is needed to complete the ordeal. The procedure is $15,000, I picked up a second job and has managed to save up $10,000 in 2 years for the procedure I just need $5,000 more. I'm trying to have this surgery done by November so that I can be healed by next year cause I have plans. The oral surgeon does not offer in-house financing and does not accept care credit, they go through a lending company that requires perfect credit. 

My current credit

$400 limit Cap One Secured for 7 months - On time payments

Hutton Chase (reports to trans and equi) $1,500 limit, and on time payments for 3 months

Cap One (AUTHORIZED USER)- $11,000 limit (reports to all three) 2 yrs

Barclays (Authorized User) - $8,000 limit (Reports to all three) 1.5 yrs

Baddie:
Finger Hut Charge off from last year for $300.00 it doesn't report anymore because I paid them off but it's still on my credit, I've sent goodwill letters but they're not biting. 

My current score is 709 with equifax and 701 with Trans.

Any suggestions on who might approve me for $5,000? I just don't want to keep applying and adding more inquiries.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will I qualify for $5,000 loan

You might check out Care Credit. They have introductory 0% APRs. If you dont get approved for the amount you need, you can always call and ask for additional.

Edit: Sorry I missed that you stated doc doesn't accept Care Credit.
Message 2 of 10
Inscorehell
Valued Member

OP says doc doesn't take care credit.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lending club has pre qualify check your rate. You can do that and see if you qualify without having to risk a hard pull. As long as your FICO scores are above 600 youll be approved. Can’t gurantee it’s a great rate but you’ll get it.
Message 4 of 10
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Hi @Anonymous, I've removed/merged your duplicate thread.  Please refrain from cross-posting in the future, as it's confusing to follow and is against our guidelines here.

--UB

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My internet connection was messing up and I made a mistake and post twice by pushing "submit" too many times. 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous I'm going to look into them. THank you.

@Anonymous wrote:
Lending club has pre qualify check your rate. You can do that and see if you qualify without having to risk a hard pull. As long as your FICO scores are above 600 youll be approved. Can’t gurantee it’s a great rate but you’ll get it.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, SRT. Sorry about the sore jaw. 

It would be a good idea to know your FICO 08 scores before you app anywhere and for a $1 you can get them here. It looks like you're referencing CK scores which are not useful for this scenario. 

Update with your scores and you'll get some helpful suggestions. Good luck.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try to prequalify with Discover or BBVA Compass bank. I’d try Discover first. Good luck.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well since your an authorized user with an $8K and $11K limit , then why not ask the primary account holder if you can charge $2.5K each from Barclays and Capital One and by doing this you don't even have to worry about new inquiries on your report ...

@Anonymous wrote:

I need $5,000 whether it's a loan or a credit card. I need jaw surgery like really bad, braces helped out but lower jaw surgery is needed to complete the ordeal. The procedure is $15,000, I picked up a second job and has managed to save up $10,000 in 2 years for the procedure I just need $5,000 more. I'm trying to have this surgery done by November so that I can be healed by next year cause I have plans. The oral surgeon does not offer in-house financing and does not accept care credit, they go through a lending company that requires perfect credit. 

My current credit

$400 limit Cap One Secured for 7 months - On time payments

Hutton Chase (reports to trans and equi) $1,500 limit, and on time payments for 3 months

Cap One (AUTHORIZED USER)- $11,000 limit (reports to all three) 2 yrs

Barclays (Authorized User) - $8,000 limit (Reports to all three) 1.5 yrs

Baddie:
Finger Hut Charge off from last year for $300.00 it doesn't report anymore because I paid them off but it's still on my credit, I've sent goodwill letters but they're not biting. 

My current score is 709 with equifax and 701 with Trans.

Any suggestions on who might approve me for $5,000? I just don't want to keep applying and adding more inquiries.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.