cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will a fraud alert auto decline a personal loan app through Navy Federal?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will a fraud alert auto decline a personal loan app through Navy Federal?

I am a bit confused. Today I decided to apply for a $9000 personal loan with Navy. My FICO Score are TU 706, EX 698, EQ 677. I have my paychecks directly deposited to my Navy checking account. My debt to income ratio is ridiculously low. Anyway, the second I hit the submit button I had an automatic denial and never gave me a reason. It stated I would have the reason for denial mailed to my address. The only thing I am concerned about is I have an extended fraud alert on my Equifax report only, however, the fraud alert has my current phone number in the statement. I was expecting a hard pull and the app even stated they would but here it is 5 hours later and no alerts of a hard pull even being done. So what gives? Obviously this was never reviewed, just kicked back denied instantly. Now when I log back into my account there is no evidence or messages of any sort that I even applied for a loan. Obviously I will be calling them during customer service hours but I can't even sleep now I'm so baffled. Thoughts?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will a fraud alert auto decline a personal loan app through Navy Federal?

Most likely yes. If I'm not mistaken, Navy support including loan officers is 24 hours, if you wanted to call them now. I assisted my cousin in purchasing a car (I'm the muscle, if you will.) and Navy's loan department was open at 9pm wheeling and dealing.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will a fraud alert auto decline a personal loan app through Navy Federal?

Yep. Just had something similar happen to me today because Equifax erroneously placed a 7-year fraud alert on my file. Smiley Mad

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.