cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YNAB (You Need A Budget) FREE for College Students (and maybe Faculty and Staff?)!

tag
DogwoodLynx
Frequent Contributor

YNAB (You Need A Budget) FREE for College Students (and maybe Faculty and Staff?)!

For those that are college students, YNAB is FREE for a year if you use your school email to sign up (existing members can join too). 

If you are faculty or staff, you can try to sign up too. Don't know if it will work, but all it asked for was a school email account.

Siggy updated Feb 16 2023
Chapter 7 BK discharge: 12/19/22
Inquiries: 6/6mo 7/12mo 7/24mo – Latest inquiry: NFCU - Approved 01/23
Financial Goals: Continue to build by wellness business (currently a DBA), heal my credit report with time and good payment history
“You’re never gonna make the shots you don’t take, so you might as well fire away!” – Little Big Town (music group)

8 REPLIES 8
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

Re: YNAB (You Need A Budget) FREE for College Students (and maybe Faculty and Staff?)!

I just passed my 1-decade YNAB usage. It has changed my friends, family, and my life totally!
Message 2 of 9
DogwoodLynx
Frequent Contributor

Re: YNAB (You Need A Budget) FREE for College Students (and maybe Faculty and Staff?)!

@TheFIGuy wrote:
I just passed my 1-decade YNAB usage. It has changed my friends, family, and my life totally!

I did the free trial a couple months ago amd liked it. I am going to start using it again. 

Im REALLY BAD at budgeting so hopefully this helps! Nothing like teaching yourself financial stuff. Im really glad to have found this forum!

Financial Goals: Continue to build by wellness business (currently a DBA), heal my credit report with time and good payment history
“You’re never gonna make the shots you don’t take, so you might as well fire away!” – Little Big Town (music group)

Message 3 of 9
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

I prided myself on not paying for budgeting apps, but somehow didn't put two and two together and read the You Need a Budget book, lol. 

Went back online after readig it and looked at the app and was like... Oh I remember this, they charge. Gave the free trial a run and purchased it before the trial was over. Been using it for about 3 years now. 

Since using it I've never worried about where gas or grocery money is coming from because I know I have it. 

Highly recommend this app. 

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 4 of 9
ccquest
Established Contributor

Might get my girlfriend to check this out, she's been trying to get better about budgeting. However, she hasn't been a fan of my Excel budget tracker which works well enough for me.
as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 5 of 9
DogwoodLynx
Frequent Contributor

Worth a shot. 

I like the idea of the digital envelope system instead of guessing what the monthly numbers will be. 

It links your bank accounts which is handy!

Message 6 of 9
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@DogwoodLynx wrote:

Worth a shot. 

I like the idea of the digital envelope system instead of guessing what the monthly numbers will be. 

See that's my whole issue with those budgeting apps. I just don't feel comfortable giving my checking account info details to yet another entity. 😕 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 7 of 9
DogwoodLynx
Frequent Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@DogwoodLynx wrote:

Worth a shot. 

See that's my whole issue with those budgeting apps. I just don't feel comfortable giving my checking account info details to yet another entity. 😕 

Yeah I get that but it beats having to do it all by hand! 

Message 8 of 9
TheRedHat
Established Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@DogwoodLynx wrote:

Worth a shot. 

You don't actually have to link your bank accounts in YNAB. You can do it all (or some) manually if you choose to. It's all up to you.

Last update: 4/8/2024
Chopping Block:

Goal Cards
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.