Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zelle sending money to myself

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Zelle sending money to myself

I’ve never used Zelle, Venmo or anything like that. Can I send money from my Bank of America checking to another Zelle friendly bank if I am the account holder on both? My email and phone numbers are same at both banks so I didn’t know if it was possible?

Didn’t know if it’s less shady looking if I just write myself a check?

Thank you
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Zelle sending money to myself

Yes, you can. I do it all the time. Bank of America lets you add a second email address to your account, which you then can use for Zelle.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you can send the money to yourself but the email or phone number on each bank must be different. Example: you register marypoppins@gmail.com to your Bank of America account, that email address cannot be registered to another financial institution for receiving/sending money with Zelle. But You can use the same email address for 5-10 bank(s) for a monthly statement purpose.

I have 4 banks, so I have 3 different emails and 1 phone number that I use/assigned to each individual bank for Zelle purpose.

Message 3 of 4
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, you can send the money to yourself but the email or phone number on each bank must be different. Example: you register marypoppins@gmail.com to your Bank of America account, that email address cannot be registered to another financial institution for receiving/sending money with Zelle. But You can use the same email address for 5-10 bank(s) for a monthly statement purpose.

I have 4 banks, so I have 3 different emails and 1 phone number that I use/assigned to each individual bank for Zelle purpose.

+1... this ^^^ exactly.  Smiley Happy

I have my email address registered to my Wells Fargo checking account, and my phone number registered to my USAA account, and I can send money back-and-forth seamlessly (and instantly).

You might have to dig around in the settings to get things 'just right', but once it's set you don't have to worry about it again. Smiley Wink

Side note: when you're first setting things up, I highly recommend sending $1 to yourself to 'test' things out; best to be sure everything is working as expected before you actually need it to.  Also for higher amounts there can be a delay when sending to a new recipient, depending on the bank that test transfer might (?) help there as well.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.