Did you mean: 

apple pay

tag
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

Re: apple pay

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

I;m still waiting to see if Verizon will support Samsung Pay soon (or at all).   The claim is that it will work nearly anywhere, so, for those with the right phones, it should be much more usable.   But the proof is .....

It will work everywhere apple pay works.

Well, from what (limited stuff) I read, I think Samsung bought Loop Pay, which makes it possible to pay wirelessly without needing an NFC POS machine.

So, out of the gate, it •should• work at many more places then Apple Pay/Google Wallet.  Of course, we'll see what happens.  

http://www.zdnet.com/article/using-samsung-pay-in-the-usa-magnetic-secure-transmission-removes-merchant-barriers/

I've got some cards. Some are pretty, some are ugly. Some are more useful than others.
Message 31 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@toothgrind3r wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

I;m still waiting to see if Verizon will support Samsung Pay soon (or at all).   The claim is that it will work nearly anywhere, so, for those with the right phones, it should be much more usable.   But the proof is .....

Well, from what (limited stuff) I read, I think Samsung bought Loop Pay, which makes it possible to pay wirelessly without needing an NFC POS machine.

So, out of the gate, it •should• work at many more places then Apple Pay/Google Wallet.  Of course, we'll see what happens.  

http://www.zdnet.com/article/using-samsung-pay-in-the-usa-magnetic-secure-transmission-removes-merchant-barriers/

Ohh thanks for clearing that up. I just assumed it used NFC.

Message 32 of 51
onstar
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ohh thanks for clearing that up. I just assumed it used NFC.

The NFC is the preferred method for Samsung Pay. But in the cases where NFC is not available, then it will use MST as a secondary option. Samsung made it clear that NFC is the way to go. Here's a good read:

http://www.nfcworld.com/2015/03/01/334390/mastercard-discusses-how-samsung-pay-works/

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 33 of 51
zerbherb
Established Contributor

the sapphire preffered looks SO GOOD IN APPLE PAY. I want it even more now. is 14 k enough income yet or do i have to get it to 20. I can make the 4 grand spend no problem. A new desktop computer and its done, even a camera.

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 34 of 51
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@toothgrind3r wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Right, hence my comment.   If it were just an Apple Pay me-too, much less interested.

Message 35 of 51
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@toothgrind3r wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Right, hence my comment.   If it were just an Apple Pay me-too, much less interested.

My response was to bplusr's "It will work everywhere Apple Pay works".  Just wanted to give a little more info on that.

I've got some cards. Some are pretty, some are ugly. Some are more useful than others.
Message 36 of 51
red259
Super Contributor

Just tried applepay for first time at Wholefoods. Was a weird experience, phone didn't vibrate or indicate payment processed (maybe I don't have the settings set right for that) but it flashed approved on the store scanner pad. Felt almost too easy, like maybe I should not stand in line too close to the person in front of me when playing with my phone and they are paying! 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 37 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish that many places around here supported it. There's a fair number that look like they might support it but their reader is somewhere that customers can't touch, so that's something at least?

That said the experience is a lot better on the watch than the iPhone. Too bad you don't get the notifications on the watch.

Message 38 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I wish that many places around here supported it. There's a fair number that look like they might support it but their reader is somewhere that customers can't touch, so that's something at least?

That said the experience is a lot better on the watch than the iPhone. Too bad you don't get the notifications on the watch.

I never really used it with the phone, but once I got the watch it changed everything. Also, I get the notifications on the watch.. might want check your settings and make sure it is set to mirror iphone.

Message 39 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I never really used it with the phone, but once I got the watch it changed everything. Also, I get the notifications on the watch.. might want check your settings and make sure it is set to mirror iphone.

Weirdly enough it is set that way. I do get the Chase notifications because I set them up to alert me for anything >$0 so at least I have those.

Message 40 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.