cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

approved by one main - any other options?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: approved by one main - any other options?

@jg1983 wrote:
It will be my highest limit. All of my cards combined don't add up to $5000. That is why I was considering trying for a CLI on my NFCU credit card.

Have you read thie thread on NFCU CLI? Here it is in case you haven't.  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Navy-Federal-Thread-for-CLI-and-Additional-...

Message 21 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 22 of 31
jg1983
Regular Contributor

I will be at 3 months on the 28th. Should I wait until then to try for a cli? Should I do it on the website or over the phone?
Message 23 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jg1983 wrote:
I will be at 3 months on the 28th. Should I wait until then to try for a cli? Should I do it on the website or over the phone?

I would wait until the 28th. It probably does not matter if it was phone or online but I'm not sure.

Message 24 of 31
enjoimorenow
Frequent Contributor

I think you have to wait 6 months now for CLI requests at Navy, but maybe that only applies to credit cards?

BK 7 Scores (08/2016): EQ-528. TU-486. EX-530.
Current Scores (04/2022): EQ-717. TU-735. EX-736.
Message 25 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Given your struggles to make this happen I would suggest you worry less about a few months of high utilization and focus more about paying the debt off ASAP.  That will fix any credit hits the fastest way possible.  VMMO.

Message 26 of 31
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Given your struggles to make this happen I would suggest you worry less about a few months of high utilization and focus more about paying the debt off ASAP.  That will fix any credit hits the fastest way possible.  VMMO.

+1, don't worry about the "TEMPORARY" hit to the scores as they will bounce back after 50% of util or <, 30% interest is your biggest concern- just say NO to 1Main.

Message 27 of 31
jg1983
Regular Contributor

So I applied for a personal loan for $5000 and to my surprise after a 24 hour review I was approved. The interest rate is 18%. I don't know yet what it is for the line if credit. I am probably better off using the loan and not touching the line of credit so my utilization goes down right?
Message 28 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

18% interest is insane man.

Message 29 of 31
jg1983
Regular Contributor

True but it is a 60 month loan and I plan on paying it off way early.
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.