Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

banks that pay (more) quickly?

tag
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

banks that pay (more) quickly?

Hi folks.
Anyone care to opine on banks that, in your experience, effect 'push' payments quickly/expeditiously?

I'll offer that, in my experience, TD Bank is good in this regard. Larger banks tend to receive payment the next business day. In contrast, Cap One seems already to take *at least* an extra day.

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Re: banks that pay (more) quickly?

In my opinion, YMMV.

Fast  :   Barclays

Slow :  Ally, Capital One, Goldman Sachs

Message 2 of 9
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I'm not sure if you're referring to ACH push transfers or billpay push, but for me USAA is exceptionally quick at both.

Their billpay is "powered" by CheckFree, so they are the same as any other bank that uses CheckFree in that regard.  For ACH transfers to another bank account it's almost always the next day at the latest, and if I do a push early enough I've even seen it at Wells Fargo later the same day.

If you're talking about billpay exclusively, I've found Wells Fargo's to be acceptable, with payments usually taking either one or two days with the couple of bills I occasionally run through them (my primary is USAA). 

I will add that during the Wachovia merger when Wachovia accounts were migrated to WF's in-house solution payments did seem to take longer than on the old system (which was also CheckFree), but I've not used WF for billpay often enough the last couple of years to know if this is still the case.

Message 3 of 9
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

Referring to paying credit card bills from the bank.

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

expatCanuck for myself US Bank has been almost as fast as USAA Bank if I input the transaction early enough. Not unusual to see the same day or one day later depending on timing.

Message 5 of 9
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

NFCU is next day. They also offer rush delivery, which is $5 for same day payment.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kforce wrote:

In my opinion, YMMV.

Fast  :   Barclays

Slow :  Ally, Capital One, Goldman Sachs

I wouldn't put Ally in the slow category, they have 2 levels of ACH, 1 day vs 3 days, to qualify for 1 day ACH for each external account, you just have to ACH at least $250 in and out of that said external account.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

1stBank is two days so far in my experience - you can’t schedule a payment for the same day, it has to be the next day, and they send it and then draft my account a day later. 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover pushes have been same day for me lately.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.