Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bill payment planner or app??

tag
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Re: bill payment planner or app??

I only pay bills twice a month, and I use an Excel spread sheet during those times and tick off as I pay each bill and then tick it again when it hits my bank account.  I also use it for things like:  account balances, % of each loan paid down, % of utilization for each card and total utilization, total debt, long term savings (401k with employer match) each pay period and total for the year, passwords and URLs for all active and non-active accounts, and short term savings.  

Of course, it's encryped with a password.  It's a really handy tool and has grown over the years to include new informaiton.  

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only have two bills that I have to pay that aren't credit accounts - Comcast internet and Xfinity Mobile cell. I add these up as part of the credit card payment for the card I put them on (BBVA ClearPoints) and then add that as an item in Fudget with the due date of the credit card.

Since I only get paid once a month, I pay all of my bills when I get paid.

Message 12 of 14
calyx
Super Contributor

All of my bills are on automatic bill pay  -  either autopay from the member-site/FI itself or push-pay from my bank (CU)
I have 2 installment loans that are the same every month, one card with a 0% promo that I have on autopay, and the rest of my cards I PIF (I use YNAB for budgeting), so it's easy.

If I'm worried about utilization, I'll pay early (Fridays).  

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 13 of 14
McNugget
Regular Contributor

@LakeLife wrote:

I only pay bills twice a month, and I use an Excel spread sheet during those times and tick off as I pay each bill and then tick it again when it hits my bank account.  I also use it for things like:  account balances, % of each loan paid down, % of utilization for each card and total utilization, total debt, long term savings (401k with employer match) each pay period and total for the year, passwords and URLs for all active and non-active accounts, and short term savings.  

Of course, it's encryped with a password.  It's a really handy tool and has grown over the years to include new informaiton.  

Ditto to all of this.  I enjoy using Excel, so it's fun for me.  

| Amex BCP | BoA Cash Rewards | Cap1 QS | Cap1 SavorOne | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Citi DC | Citi Simplicity | Discover It Cash Back | JCrew | USB Cash+ | Target (AU) |
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.