cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can you payoff lendingclub and prosper with a credit card?

tag
damac2004
New Contributor

can you payoff lendingclub and prosper with a credit card?

never thought of this before.  doesn't seem like it on their website, i sent them an email.  

time has come for me to get rid of these 2 loans, they got me through an injury/surgery.  i have some transfer balance credit card deals i could use right now so its the first thing that popped into my head.

chase just told me online they can't send me checks for one of my cards offerings even though i have had the account for years in perfect standing.  but i can call in and they will do a balance transfer to my bank?  never heard of that.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: can you payoff lendingclub and prosper with a credit card?

@damac2004 wrote:

never thought of this before.  doesn't seem like it on their website, i sent them an email.  

time has come for me to get rid of these 2 loans, they got me through an injury/surgery.  i have some transfer balance credit card deals i could use right now so its the first thing that popped into my head.

chase just told me online they can't send me checks for one of my cards offerings even though i have had the account for years in perfect standing.  but i can call in and they will do a balance transfer to my bank?  never heard of that.

Neither Lending Tree or Prosper will accept credit car payments directly, but I used a balance transfer from Barclays NFL card to payoff a Prosper loan. The NFL card was new & they had not sent me checks, but I got a 15 mo. 0% BT by enterting the Prosper loan # in their online BT system. If a card sends you checks that's the easiest, just depost the BT check into your bank account and then payoff who you want from your bank account. While most CCs say you can't use a BT to payoff another CC from the same lender, I've deposited BT checks from Cap One into my bank acount and then used that bank account to payoff another Cap One account a couple of times.

If Chase is willing to do a BT to your bank acocunt by phone I would do that, and then use that bank account to payoff LT/Prosper.

Message 2 of 3
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Re: can you payoff lendingclub and prosper with a credit card?

I was actually contemplating doing this the next time Barclays or Cap1 send me 0% BT checks. I wish FNBO would send checks, because I keep getting emailed BT offers with 3.9% for life of the transfer.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.