Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone budgeting/paycheck app?

tag
seruby
Frequent Contributor

iPhone budgeting/paycheck app?

Hey all.  My first time in this section to hopefully it's appropriate (I usually linger in the Rebuilding topic).  

So I am going to help a friend get her finances in order and work on her credit, and I showed her an app I use to basically budget my money every week.  It's called paycheck plan pro.    It's more like a register/planner than an actual budget in that I don't really use categories, but rather specific payees, and the amounts change.  But I can enter in transactions and it'll tell me how much I should have in my bank account when everything's paid.  And it allows setting up multiple accounts, so I could transfer money from 1 to another (say a savings account), and it'll track how much I have in the savings account.  

I emailed the developer to ask if an iphone version existed, but he said it does not and probably will not for quite some time.  I was hoping one did so I could have her use the same one, but oh well.  But does anyone know of an app that is similar to this for the iphone?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: iPhone budgeting/paycheck app?

Mint is the common one that I'm aware of but never tried it personally, or one of the banks which provides a similar function (know USAA does which I use and I think DCU now does too).

Basically it is a good budget tracking tool because linking the accounts pulls in all the charges from each of one's cards and checking account entries into categories, so you can figure out where the money is going pretty easily plus an easy money in vs money out summation.

        
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: iPhone budgeting/paycheck app?

Mint is the obvious one. I heard Spense works really well too.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.