Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re: Banks that let you fund via PayPal with credit card

tag
Azza
Regular Contributor

re: Banks that let you fund via PayPal with credit card

For some reason I can't reply to this thread but it is relevant to me, so I'd like to ask:

My Discover category this month is Paypal. I don't understand why anything in there would be considered manufactured spend if that's literally what the category is? Paypal is a money "storage" and payment processor gateway for online ordering. Paypal doesn't offer any services beyond that?

I understand you guys are talking about funding a bank account with it, but I'm just talking about funding Paypal, lol.

So if I wanted to cap out this month, I could just fund my paypal wallet with my discover card and receive 5% cash back?

Currently Reporting:

Current Score:

Gardening Started with:

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Re: re: Banks that let you fund via PayPal with credit card

I'm not sure that would work. You have to make a purchase using PayPal as the payment method. 

Message 2 of 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Azza wrote:

For some reason I can't reply to this thread but it is relevant to me, so I'd like to ask:

My Discover category this month is Paypal. I don't understand why anything in there would be considered manufactured spend if that's literally what the category is? Paypal is a money "storage" and payment processor gateway for online ordering. Paypal doesn't offer any services beyond that?

I understand you guys are talking about funding a bank account with it, but I'm just talking about funding Paypal, lol.

So if I wanted to cap out this month, I could just fund my paypal wallet with my discover card and receive 5% cash back?

That would not be considered MS (topic not allowed here), but it would be considered a cash advance,  and as such, subject to a cash advance fee and interest. It might also make your lender think you're quite desperate for cash. 

Find a better way. 

Message 3 of 5
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@Azza wrote:

That would not be considered MS (topic not allowed here), but it would be considered a cash advance,  and as such, subject to a cash advance fee and interest. It might also make your lender think you're quite desperate for cash. 

Find a better way. 

Yes, funding PayPal Wallet cash balance with a credit card would be a cash advance, which is why PayPal doesn't allow it. You can only fund PP Wallet with a transfer from a linked, verified bank account.

Message 4 of 5
Azza
Regular Contributor

Then what do you do to get it, just buy something through PayPal with the Discover? Isn't that funderrrr... Ok. So it's about *how* it's done. Got it.

Currently Reporting:

Current Score:

Gardening Started with:

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.