cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

savings account similar to DCU???????

tag
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: savings account similar to DCU???????

@Anonymous wrote:

ok i guess ill have to wait ..next question do you have any idea how can i join redstone credit union if i live in california

Back door? Rural King Harvest Visa - 15k limit
Message 21 of 88
Green456
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

savings not checking

Here. I researched it awhile ago. You can potentially invest about $10,000 with 3-4% interest and without crazy swipe and signiature demands of worthless Kaaza or whatever they are called "rewards checking."

- Blue Credit Union 5% on first $1000 (you have to meet ACH transfer requirements which can be automated)

- BECU 5% average between savings and checking account on first $1000 (also can be automated via ACH transfers)

- Credit Union of New Jersey 7% on first $500

- St. Marrys Bank CU 5% on first $500

- Patelco Credit Union 3% on first $2000*

- Premier Members Credit Union 3% on first $2000

*Patelco will give you 2% on first $5000 and Premier Members CU will give you 2%.

All of the above credit unions don't require to do any swipes or anything silly like that to get higher interest. All of the above credit unions will allow you to fully automate their requirements to get the stated interest. Some credit unions such as Blue, can be a litte bit more tricky because if your balance reaches over $1000, you basically get 0.1% interest. But then again you can just put in $980 to make sure your monthly balances never reaches $1,000. BECU has checking account which acts exactly like savings. They really are 6% on savings and 4% on checking, which averages to 5% on first $1,000.

I am currently only with BECU, they offer far more than great rates on the first $1,000, including out of country ATM refunds, no currency exchange fees, no overdraft fees from PLOC. For me the rate is just a bonus. I am thinking about opening DCU due to their nice Ltd Savings rate which is higher than Ally bank. Otherwise I bank with Bank of America and Merrill Edge and invest my money conservatively to get a return of about 4% per year. 

Message 22 of 88
Green456
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does BECU require any particular affiliation for memeber ship?

Yeah you pay for membership in North West Credit Union fundation. 

Message 23 of 88
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous

They have a ton of affliations. You may already be able to join.

Check out their list.

Also you can join by becoming a member of the https://www.landtrustnal.org/join/

That's a easy way in. You can opt for the sustaining membership for as little as $5 and cancel anytime. 

Message 24 of 88
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

ok i guess ill have to wait ..next question do you have any idea how can i join redstone credit union if i live in california

I'm interested as well. Once you find out, do let me know.

@AllZero  .. With Special Thanks to @Gmood1 screamer emoticon.gif

Message 25 of 88
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 

They aren't new accounts or inquiry sensitive IME. 

They pull EX for loan apps.

Message 26 of 88
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Gmood1  @M_Smart007   Thank you very much! My credit union membership wish list is getting quite long.

Message 27 of 88
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

@M_Smart007 

@Gmood1  ..Thank you very much! Smiley Happy

"new accounts or inquiry sensitive"   What is that? smiley-laughing emoticon.gif

#WayToLOL/24

Message 28 of 88
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@M_Smart007 

@Gmood1  ..Thank you very much! Smiley Happy

"new accounts or inquiry sensitive"   What is that? smiley-laughing emoticon.gif

#WayToLOL/24

😂😂😂😂

They aren't conservative either. 😉

Their system approved me for a $15k SL instantly. With all my new accounts and $800k in tradelines reporting.

She said that's the most they could give me without a UWs approval.

I was fine with that. Lol

Message 29 of 88
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

@Gmood1  @M_Smart007   Thank you very much! My credit union membership wish list is getting quite long.

@AllZero  Funded the 5.09% Brighter Day Savings with $2500 .. 

probably have to take a few dollars out before interest post's. can't be over $2501,

or you get reduced to like 0.40% APR

Message 30 of 88
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.