cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

so approved for 20000 personal loan at pen fed at 8.5 over 5 years , good deal or not

Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

so approved for 20000 personal loan at pen fed at 8.5 over 5 years , good deal or not

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AllZero
Super Contributor

Re: so approved for 20000 personal loan at pen fed at 8.5 over 5 years , good deal or not

Congratulations on your approval!

Not knowing any data points of your profile, I would say single digit APR is good. It's better than double digit APR.

Message 2 of 9
Kad4life
Regular Contributor

Re: so approved for 20000 personal loan at pen fed at 8.5 over 5 years , good deal or not

Congrats on the approval!

8.5% is better than good in this economy for an unsecured loan. So I'll just take the win. If you don't mind the HP though you could try with DCU or Lightstream but if you're sensitive to your AAoA as I am, I'll probably take it now and try for a refinance/new loan 6months down the line with either of the aforementioned. Just my 2 cents

Congrats again.

Message 3 of 9
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

UTI at less than 10 , fico they pulled was  TU

@Kad4life wrote:

Congrats on the approval!

8.5% is better than good in this economy for an unsecured loan. So I'll just take the win. If you don't mind the HP though you could try with DCU or Lightstream but if you're sensitive to your AAoA as I am, I'll probably take it now and try for a refinance/new loan 6months down the line with either of the aforementioned. Just my 2 cents

Congrats again.

768, not sure I am happy with the rate

Message 4 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

An 8.5 % apr from Penfed is pretty good from them imo. But if you arent happy with the apr dont settle. Maybe someone else is willing to give at lower rate. With good income your score will be more powerful. 

Message 5 of 9
M_Smart007
Epic Contributor

"so approved for 20000 personal loan at pen fed at 8.5 over 5 years , good deal or no"

Not the absolute lowest APR for Penfed, but I would say darn good! .. Congrats to SO!

popcorn eating emoticon.gif
Message 6 of 9
CreditCuriosity

Decent but other lenders can beat that rate with that score in most cases.  Better than places like Marcus, lending club, etc etc..Not an awful rate, but places like lightstream can beat it.

Message 7 of 9
RSX
Established Contributor

it's not too bad at all

Extra payments also offset the total interest you will pay

so if you add an extra $25-50 per month it should be fine

Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Dec 29/2020 EX. 729 EQ. 723 TU 746
Feb 3/2021 EX. 739 EQ. 727 TU 750
Inq. EX 5 EQ 4 TU 5 - - CC 6x24, 2x12
Amex BCP $20k - Apple GS $17k - BMW/Elan $5k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase United Club Infinite $20k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $22k - HSBC Gold - $10.5k - Penfed Gold - $12.5k - USBank Cash+ -$20k - Wells Sig Visa $12k
Message 8 of 9
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

I have not tried Lightstream, did pre for Prosper and LC and was a higher rate.  I went ahead with it but maybe when I get the CC paid way down might try lightstream to pay this one off.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.