Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

𝖲pectrum and erroneous collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

𝖲pectrum and erroneous collection

I don't know which forum this belongs in, so hopefully I'm in the right place. I switched from Spectrum last November and I had a small balance. I paid them by phone and thought it was settled. I got a phone call in January from their collections dept requesting payment, they said my last payment didn't go through (not my fault). I paid it...again...and thought it was done. Now in August I get a letter from a collections agency demanding payment. I called 𝖲pectrum and they said I have a $0 balance. I called the collections agency, they told me to send in the bank statement showing it was paid. I submitted the statement and waited. I called them both and they are blaming each other and neither will help me. I have the collection agency threatening to report me to the credit bureaus unless I pay immediately. I refuse to pay it. What can I do? Can I complain somewhere?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 𝖲pectrum and erroneous collection

File a complaint with the CFPB on both of them, upload your proof of payment.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.