cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 Judgement and 3 Collections removed!

tag
gummiebear
New Contributor

Re: 1 Judgement and 3 Collections removed!

meant to post this here....

I was so excited to have this judgment removed.... ya know, cause they say it brings your score way down.  I checked today with TU and my score went back up only 4 (FOUR) points after the removal. This is such bologna. I have the lowest score out of all three with TU.  I know, I know, they want me to give up but not gonna happen!  I'll update you guys again when I make more progress.  Never give up!  Smiley Happy

-gummie

Message 21 of 25
magic69

How did you get such high limits on cards that were once secured?

Message 22 of 25
gummiebear
New Contributor

Hello.

High limits? I'm assuming this question isn't for me. I don't have any high limits now. I have one secured card and the limit is not high at all.

-gummie

Message 23 of 25
gummiebear
New Contributor

Hi everyone!  

Thanks to everyone that has posted information about how they have succeeded. 

I'm posting all of this info for those that need it - How I got my judgments removed. People have posted information that helped me and without it I would NEVER have succeeded so here goes...

I have some very good news today and I am posting this for anyone that feels hopeless or buried to let you know that there is HOPE and you can definitely dig yourself out of the mess.  It just takes time and effort and research. It takes moving forward when someone tells you that "you can't" especially if you know you are right!   Most of the actions I've taken have been because of things I've read somewhere on these postings. A couple of times I've researched information online and on other blogs but most of it here.  Anyway, I've gotten all of my public records removed from TU!!!  Only TU so far. I've written so many letters to TU it seems - and filed a couple of motions. I'm not even sure what worked but I will tell you what I did.  The public record from Cap1 was finally removed; I have a letter from Cap1 saying they are removing my PAID debt from my credit report. Well when I heard this I was ecstatic! It was going to be removed in June 2013 anyway because the 7 years are up but I thought this meant they would also remove the judgment because it's the same item. I've written many letters about this because I don't know how they can list something twice on your report and have it listed with different dates. This really upset me because 7 years is a long time!  And with them keeping it even LONGER as a public record makes it longer than 7 years.They like listed it as a separate item and started the years over!  This is not fair or right - I don't care how you explain it to me - it's WRONG!  I wrote a letter to the court and sent my letter from Cap1 to them to have it removed, nothing. I then walked into the court building and filed a motion in person (I guess that's how you are supposed to do it but i didn't know). I have a motion filed which I'm waiting to hear about. And just in case it might come up somewhere again I'm going to pursue that if I don't hear back from the court in a couple of weeks.  Back to my story .... I read on some blog that i should ask the credit bureaus to verify to me the procedures they use to verify the items they put on your report. I did this to all three by certified mail. TU then listed my Cap1judgment with incorrect dates; something to the effect that I had just paid this off in 3/2013 - (I paid it about 4 years ago!!)  what the heck are they doing, not paying attention and ruining my stuff, they don't care and i know this. So I sent them another letter - a not so nice letter - to let them know how they were listing incorrect stuff on my report and I sent documents with my correct information.  They are responsible for putting correct stuff on your reports and they don't have a right to list incorrect info about  you!!! (I read about how to do that on another site - I printed it out so I can refer to it). I filed a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau against TU for not deleting my item when I had a letter from Cap1 saying they are deleting the item from my credit report. The CFPB asks you to attach any documents that you have if you wish and I attached that letter from Cap1 as proof. I called  and talked to someone at the office before I filed a complaint just to ask them if this was legal. It seems like no one really knows. I've never hired a lawyer - bet they could tell me. Anyway, they said I could file that complaint and I did. It just doesn't seem legal to have two items listed one as a judgment and one as a collection. And with different dates. I don't know, it seems it depends on your state. They also advised me to file a complaint with my state attorney general and I did. So TU had these complaints coming from me against them and this Cap1 letter so I guess that's what did it. I don't know, but I tried everything I read about and everything that the CFPB suggested. I now have to work on getting it off Equifax and Experian.

Oh, somewhere in all of this I sent TU a letter asking them very nicely if they would remove a paid state lien early. There was a tax bill I didn't pay back in 98 or 99 (BUT THIS IS PAID NOW). This was before all of the letters and complaints started about the Cap1 judgment.  They had it listed as removal date of 2014. They sent me back a report listing it with a removal date of 2017 !!!!  I don't understand that.  Needless to say I didn't let any of this discourage me, I kept going and all of my judgments have been removed.

I hope this helps someone else.

Message 24 of 25
gummiebear
New Contributor

I forgot to  tell you guys, my score went up like another 8 points when they removed those judgments.  I'm still paying my bills on time and I now have two small paid collections on TU  that will be off in 2017so I know my score will go up soon. Again I've read when they put stuff on your report it only really affects you for two years. I don't know what to believe. It doesn't seem like it.  But there's no reason for my score to NOT go up soon. It's a real trip because I have read so many places that judgments bring your scores down a lot and now they have all been removed and with all of them gone I've gained about 12 points. I got a letter in November 2012 from JCP telling me they wouldn't give me a card because I had judgments on my report. They can't say that now.  (I read JCP was easy to get). Oh, they stated that they were looking at my TU report. so there are no judgments on my TU  report but my score with TU is like 629 as of today. Last I checked it was 660 with Equifax (just dropped to 653 - don't know why).

Good luck to you all.

PROGRESS!!!!  Smiley Happy 

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.