Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 Year into rebuild report

tag
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

1 Year into rebuild report

I noticed that I'm coming up on my 1st anniversary since joining this forum and figured I would report on my progress. I'm just over a year since I signed up for a myfico subscription and all my scores were in the low 600's as my signature shows. 

I was not quite a year post-discharge on my BK 13 and had multiple accounts still one my report for IIB as well as the BK. I had no revolving accounts and the only positive TL's on my report was my student loans and a few old closed accounts from before I filed for BK.

After reading here I got a secured CC with a 400 limit and started working to get incorrect items off my report. I was able to build my scores up enough with the CC and removing the inaccuracies that I qualified for an FHA mortgage. My scores were up to the mid 600's at this time with my mortgage scores in the high 6's. 

I had a few inquires prior to joining from trying for CC's ad resulting in denials before I learned from here that you should always check the prequal sites first. I tired Discover last August and they gave me a 12K SL. I was shocked. A month later I checked the prequal site for Amex and it showed me the CM and BCE as pre-approvals. I pulled the trigger on the CM and was approved for 4K.

I kept working at the baddies and then requested my first EE's from TU for some tradelines set to fall off in January. I kept using my cards normally but did start to carry a little balance on the Discover since it has the 0% intro rate. I also put a lawn mower on the Amex.

In December I requested an EE from TU on my BK and it was granted. That put my first fico 8 over 700. I also requested a CLI on my Discover and they took me to 16K. Tried the Amex 3x CLI, but got turned down for it because the BK was still on EX.

Beginning of the year I took the Amex back down to 0 and PIF each month. When 3 months was out I requested an EE from EX for the BK and the couple of negative accounts still left on it. Those were granted in January and I continued to wait out my 90 days for the Amex. In early March EX was clean and I had my time so I requested 3X CLI on Amex and this time it was granted. March was also the first time in a long time that all 3 CRA's where over 700.

I kept trying to get EE's with EQ for the BK but they kept giving me the runaround. I was requesting more than a month Early as it was not scheduled to fall until May. Finally a couple of weeks ago they granted and my EQ then became my highest score at 768.

All my reports are now clean with the exception of one small medical collection left on EQ that will be there for a while.

I just wanted to put this out there to let others know that it can be done if you read these forums, ask questions when you are not sure and keep working on your reports, then you will get there.

Shout out to all the great community members here who have shared so much information and increased my knowledge on the topic of credit management. Thank you all. 

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: 1 Year into rebuild report

@dynamicvb  Congrats on successful rebuild! 

Message 2 of 6
Yeliaba1
Frequent Contributor

@dynamicvb  Congrats on your rebuild and thanks for sharing!!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your excellent successes. Hopefully this can be a blueprint for others to follow. Enjoy the rewards of your very much improved scores Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 6
twiddledee
Contributor

Congrats on the awesome rebuild

Message 5 of 6
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Congrats on all the hard work!

Stripes UR Awesome.gif

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.