cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 month late, caused 50 point drop

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: 1 month late, caused 50 point drop

As you said in your first post you paid them monthly on their website. Go to your bank statements and look at March and  see if there was any transactions for the payment. Its either paid, NSF, or nothing at all and your balance would not of changed then. Take a look at your bank statements.

Message 11 of 14
Highlighted
Established Member

FIREMEDI 1 Re: 1 month late, caused 50 point drop

As you said in your first post you paid them monthly on their website. Go to your bank statements and look at March and  see if there was any transactions for the payment. Its either paid, NSF, or nothing at all and your balance would not of changed then. Take a look at your bank statements.

Firemedic, it was a first thing I did. Apparently its a two step process. If I had actual proof I think I would be in a better situation. Something just didnt happen. Doing it on their website was a two step process , to enter the data, ( at the time ) gave a confirmation page and you hit a acknowledment button. In the past when it did go through you never got a confirmation email, which hit me only after this all happened.

Sorry i was not specific to explain i went and did not miss that very obvious step.

My relationship with this  lender has a backstory in that it was the 4th Mortgage servicer in 4 years, every time it was pulling teeth to pay.  I was almost numb to the whole payment issue when i found out when they bought my mortgage initially that Citibank didnt have a direct pay link to them. And they didnt have autopay beyond over the phone and this webform form. At some point they updated the website but I was unaware of that fact.

Not an excuse for me I guess, but it lead to the state of mind i had.

Message 12 of 14
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I am reading my nightmare in your narrative. I have no direct advice to give you to solve your problem, however, I do have one piece of information which may be helpful.

Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, all three credit-reporting agencies are required to allow consumers to attach a 100-word statement to their credit reports. A consumer statement will stay on your credit reports for as long as you leave it there. So once you get this issue resolved or the derogatory becomes time-limited, you will need to delete the consumer statement to avoid questions in the future as to what happened.

I wish I had better advice to give. Good luck and best wishes.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.

Message 13 of 14
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Well if you didnt see any transactions around that period in March. Then your kinda stuck betwen a rock and a hard place. It didnt go thru. Sounds OCD. But I always screen shot my Confirmation Number. Each card has its own folder. I got screwed many yrs ago with auto pay. I dont trust anything, nor do I do auto pay. But thats just me. Good Luck fighting this situation.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.