Capital One Quicksilver $122 balance of 3000
Target credit card $7 balance of 300
Honda Financial Lease

CLOSED
Barclays $0 settled
Chase $0 settled
Chase $0 settled
First premier $0 settled

WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE? Capital one and credit one deleted. No luck elsewhere.

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Re: 1 year in....what now?

I would say just keep doing what you are doing. Let your accounts continue to age. What does the CRA say about credit mix? I'm not sure if a lease counts as an installment loan, but I know the student loan is one, so my guess is your mix is okay. If you keep everything current in another year some of those baddies will start to fall off. otherwise, it just seems like you need time. Others may have a different take.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a hint on your Target card - update your financials periodically from the drop down menu, even if you re-enter the same income. They do fairly regular CLIs and that’ll help you get them. I’ve had mine for 4 years I think, with 5 CLIs that took me from an initial $300 limit to my current $2100 limit.
Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The post lists several charge-offs.

Once a charge-off is reported, it continues to be shown in the payment history scoring as a major derog until it reaches its credit report exclusion date of 7 to 7 1/2 years from DOFD.  

That remains true even if the debt is later paid.

That also applies to a collection.  Paying does not remove it from scoring.

Are the numerous charged-off accounts and the collection still in your credit report (are they the "closed" accounts, for example), or were they voluntarily deleted by the creditors or debt collector?

Message 4 of 6
CGeorge
Frequent Contributor

The charge offs are killing you. And Chase and Barclay have FOREVER memories. I wouldn't even attempt anything with them for at least 10 years, seriously

I believe that you are just going to have wait this one - fervently "gardening".

Best of luck to you!

(One year of on time payments is just not, I am afraid, to kill the charge offs...)

Message 5 of 6
jrubedjmp311
New Contributor

Thanks everyone!

The chargeoffs kill me! 5 years until they fall off. If anyone has success with getting them removed please pm me. I've had no success!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.