Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 Negatives Need Help!!

tag
creditscore780
New Contributor

10 Negatives Need Help!!

Okay so here are my 10 negative account with Experian.

1. Associated Cr & Collection: Status: Collection Account
  2. Bally Total Fitness: Status: Paid;Closed as of Oct. 2006
  3. Bank of America: Status: Closed, 0 balance as of Oct. 2008 settled account with CA
  4. CCS/First SAvings Bank:  Status: Paid in settlement in Oct. 2008 Charge Off
  5. Credit One Bank: Status: Open with 4 30 day lates from 2007, not late since then
  6. Credit Protection Association: Status: Collection Account
  7. HSBC BANK: Status: Transferred, closed. $332 written off, I paid this account in settlement to the CA in Oct. 2008. Charge Off
  8. MACY'S: Status: Paid, Closed: Paid this account in full to Macy's and I have a new account now
  9. NATIONAL RECOVERY AGENCY: Status: Collection Account
  10. RJM: Status: Collection Account, did a PFD today

I hired someone to repair my credit months ago but she did nothing for me. I have gotten a Repo, and two other Collection account deleted since I came on this board in July, but I don't know how to go about these account because I don't know if I can just flat out dispute them because of what the lady I hired to repair it did. If I dispute these accounts as not mine and they already have received other disputes for example never late or something else what will happen?

Any and all suggestion would greatly be appreciated. Thank you advance.

Starting Score: 432
Current Score: 573
Goal Score: 780

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: 10 Negatives Need Help!!

I would send a  DV (debt validation)  letter to collection agency first see how they respond there a sample letters on the forum.   Also, if any these collection accounts are medical reated there is the HIPAA process for that type collection account only.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 7
creditscore780
New Contributor

Okay, Thank you, so the process is different for medical collections

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That whole industry is under a microscope for bad business practices.  Your feelings are right you can get hit with frivalous disputer tab and get immediately blown off.  They do keep files of previous disputes.   All they (debt repair folks) ever do is take money from you and negotiate for settlements.  The whole time they hold on to ur money which you can do yourself while your not even keeping contact with your creditors the whole time charging you fees for holding your money.  So you could be racking up lates or going through further collection activities.  The moment you decide that they didn't do a damn thing they don't even give you your money back that was supposed to be in escrow.  However alot of these people became millionaires off of what supposedly was just the fee money they charged you and many others for not even successfully negotiating anything on your behalf. 

They cannot do a darn thing which you cannot do for yourself and alot of the time they make your situation worse than when you started.

Message 4 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Okay so here are my 10 negative account with Experian.

1. Associated Cr & Collection: Status: Collection Account
  2. Bally Total Fitness: Status: Paid;Closed as of Oct. 2006
  3. Bank of America: Status: Closed, 0 balance as of Oct. 2008 settled account with CA
  4. CCS/First SAvings Bank:  Status: Paid in settlement in Oct. 2008 Charge Off
  5. Credit One Bank: Status: Open with 4 30 day lates
  6. Credit Protection Association: Status: Collection Account
  7. HSBC BANK: Status: Transferred, closed. $332 written off, I paid this account in settlement to the CA in Oct. 2008. Charge Off
  8. MACY'S: Status: Paid, Closed: Paid this account in full to Macy's and I have a new account now
  9. NATIONAL RECOVERY AGENCY: Status: Collection Account
  10. RJM: Status: Collection Account, did a PFD today
  11. ___________________________________________________________________________________

I think, in order of my precedence, items 1, 5, 6, 9,and 10 warrant more immediate action.

Do you have any basis for requested deletion of these major derogs?

Unpaid CAs may erupt into legal action.  Items 1, 6, 9, and 10 are apparently long-open CAs for which the threat of legal action for their collection activity  is real.

Thus, you must know both the DOFD on the OC account that led to each collection, along with your ability to oppose any legal action they might bring for judgement on collection of the debt.  You must know your legal SOL defense on each of these collections.

Dont discount item 10, the RJM colletion.  I see tjhat you crosed it out in your post, but I doubt that they have.   Sending a PFD to them is non-compelling.  They can jsut choose to ignore it.

Dont ever rely upon reliance on a  PFD acceptance by a CA, unless the debt is not worth legal action on tther psrt,  promarily because you feel that the SOLhas expired.

You can pursue action on the CAs, hopefully with great benefi.

But dont ignore the sleeping giant.  The Cred One is open,but has multiple monthly derogs.  This could instantly turn into a charge-off or a cvllection referral.

Message 5 of 7
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Yes, use The HiPAA process for medical collection accounts. You can search for it from what I have read  the process works.  I agree with RobertEG 's post. On  the Credit Once account is  the current with 4 30 day lates in the past or in someother status?

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 6 of 7
creditscore780
New Contributor

The thrity day lates for Credit One were from 2007 and I haven't been late since. RJM isonly for $55.00 which I hve sent thy emailed me a deltetion letter already. then One collection is for $111 and the othe is fr $3308. the one for $3308 is from and apartment but I have an attorney for that because a brutul crime was committed that's why I left.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.