cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100% Collection Free! (But No Score Boost)

tag
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

100% Collection Free! (But No Score Boost)

HI EVERYONE!!!

Oh my gosh I am so excited right now and want to jump up and dance around, but can't because I'm at work. So I was casually checking my Experian app, as I do in the morning, and was trying to find that pesky medical collection ($80 paid). It was no where to be found, so I opened up the website on my computer and clicked on "Collections." Here is what I saw:

What the heck!?!?!? When did this even happen!?? I had called TU a week or so ago to request an EE (which was granted) and the collection was deleted from my TU report. It was never reported to my EQ, so that was nice, but I never once contacted EX about this. It's not supposed to be deleted until August, so I guess I got lucky? Only thing that sucks is that I didn't get even a single point boost from this! I have literally nothing else on my report that's negative except for this one paid medical collection under $100, which is probably why I didn't see that boost. Do you guys/gals agree with this?

Just wanted to share some possible data points with you all. Apparently, having a medical collection under $100 removed from your report doesn't do a whole lot... basically, it does nothing. Smiley Mad Oh well! I can officially say I AM 100% COLLECTION FREE!!!  Never ever ever eeevvvveeerrrr thought I'd see this day and I honestly can't thank this forum enough. You guys/gals are such a blessing. Heart

UPDATE: Ok so looking at my mortgage scores for the past few days and noticed that on the 15th, my score was 632, then on the 16th, it jumped to 695. The reason code on the 15th stated Collection/Public Record, and that was gone on the 16th. So my awesome detective skills tell me that it was deleted on the 15th. Don't know for sure, but I'm almost positive that's correct.

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 100% Collection Free! (But No Score Boost)

If these are Fico 8 scores you are talking about then yeah collections under 100 are never scored in the first place, they are dismissed by the algorithm.
Message 2 of 4
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:
If these are Fico 8 scores you are talking about then yeah collections under 100 are never scored in the first place, they are dismissed by the algorithm.

So do you think I'll get a boost in the other scoring models, such as mortgage or bank?

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

So do you think I'll get a boost in the other scoring models, such as mortgage or bank?

If they are based on Fico 8 then no, all sub models also disregard CAs under 100 as nuisance collections. Fico 4 you are likely to get some dfference in numbers.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.