cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11 baddies deleted from experian &NO score increase??!!!

tag
lesse
Frequent Contributor

11 baddies deleted from experian &NO score increase??!!!

So i just got off the phone with BOA and was denied again for a cc.. although i have been banking with them for 4 years! i am Ok with that as they do alot of manual review and nit picked at ALL of my baddies.. even items 6 -7 years ago that are about to fall off.. whatevs.. either way they wouldnt provide score yesturday but i called in today and they told me that my score hadnt changed from 2/1 to 3/28 when they did the last pull and that my score was still the same.. i asked if it was appx 560 and they more or less confirmed.. does this seem right after having 11 baddies removed?!!!

I know if they are older it doesnt seem to count as much BUT **bleep**!!

baddies deleted include 3 from 2011 2 from 2012 and 1 from 2013..how can that NOT give me a score boost? i also have a auto loan paid off from last year updated to 0 balance and all lates deletedd! Why am i still at a 560... do you think BOA has it wrong? experian wont give me a score.. and i dont want to pay for it when boa just told me what they pulled.

START (FICO): 1/28/2013 EQ: 499 EX: 558 TU: 536
Lender Pull:
UPDATED SCORE 10/2015: EX: 763 TU: 709 EQ: 720

GOAL 800 Across the board
Wallet:Credit One $600; NFCU (secured- Changed to unsecured) $7500; NFCU (Unsecured)$500- increase to $12,500 BOA: $1000 Home Depot/Lowes $800 each Childrens Place $350 Sams Club $800
Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: 11 baddies deleted from experian &NO score increase??!!!

Do you still have baddies on your reports?

It does seem odd unless there is something extremely major on there.  What were the baddies deleted?  A single late payment will not give a bump like a collection being deleted.

That they were that new also.

Message 2 of 15
lesse
Frequent Contributor

the accounts removed were ALL from collection accounts!!! i tried to recon with BOA and they stated my score was exactly the same as prior to having all of these CA accts that were listed in the january 2013 report, and the rep actually looked at both reports and saw the total derogs went from 23 to 10 and the score was the same that they were seeing.. which doesnt make any sense at all! i contacted experian and they gave me a vantage score.. he stated that ex doesnt use fico scores??!!! And that my vantage score was 648.. that is sooo confusing and doesnt help me one bit

Lender Pull:

Wallet:Credit One $600; NFCU (secured- Changed to unsecured) $7500; NFCU (Unsecured)$500- increase to $12,500 BOA: $1000 Home Depot/Lowes $800 each Childrens Place $350 Sams Club $800
Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 15
Blurbz
Contributor

That's definitely unfortunate and a little surprising that you didn't gain a few points (and maybe you did get a ten point boost or so...). But you DO still have ten baddies on your reports. Those are going to keep you low until most of them are gone.
Message 4 of 15
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Unfortunately I think that your issue is with the 10 baddies that remain on your CR. There is probably something major within those 10. If you do not have any positive revolving CC history right now, your best course of action may be to start rebuilding history with a secured CC.

Message 5 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@lesse wrote:

the accounts removed were ALL from collection accounts!!! i tried to recon with BOA and they stated my score was exactly the same as prior to having all of these CA accts that were listed in the january 2013 report, and the rep actually looked at both reports and saw the total derogs went from 23 to 10 and the score was the same that they were seeing.. which doesnt make any sense at all! i contacted experian and they gave me a vantage score.. he stated that ex doesnt use fico scores??!!! And that my vantage score was 648.. that is sooo confusing and doesnt help me one bit

EX does have FICO scores but only to lenders/creditors. They wouldn't tell you your FICO.  Their own score is a Vantage score.

Message 6 of 15
lesse
Frequent Contributor

i DO still have baddiies up there but for the most part they are aging..

i have 4 chargeoffs.. (2 first premier is paid but not yet showing paid.. but i didnt think that mattered a c/o is still a c/o, although this will help my Util which is terrible & a c/o loan from 2006 and a c/o cc from 2006 - these 2 are not paid but should fall off end of 2014)

I have 6 collection accounts

macys paid (2006), medical collection unpaid (2007), another medical unpaid (2010) and then i have 3 other unpaid collection for utility stuff 2011 for 2 of them and 2012 for one of them.

My positives are a macys AU cc from 1999 and a NFCU cc from 3/2013 and a paid in full no lates auto loan.

out of the recent collections i have either disputed them, BBB or DV them.. so i can hopefully get rid of some more collections but those 2 large c/o's are going to have to stick.. i can pay the cc but its so old i dont think that it would really help.

Lender Pull:

Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 15
Blurbz
Contributor

Unfortunately, aging won't help with the charge-offs.  Trust me on this one: I have one baddie, a charge off, from 2008 and it's still depressing my score. Keep trying GWs or you'll have to wait until they age off to see any truly substantial movement in your score.  

That being said, recons can still be your best friend.  Keep your inquiries to credit that you really want and, when the computer rejects you, call in and ask for a manual review. Be prepared to discuss your history and highlight how much your handling of your credit has improved despite the older baddies on your reports. It might not always work, but you'll have better chance with a person you can convince of your stability than with an algorithm that sees a substantial number of negatives on the account.

Message 8 of 15
lesse
Frequent Contributor

thanks blurbz for the words of wisdom !! sux because the 2 bad c/o are over 7k.. a bad auto loan and a cc that will fall off next year and will NOT PFD so just letting them fall off is my best bet.. the 2 newer ones are First premier.. and we all know they will NOT budge Smiley Sad havent even bothered to try to GW per this forum seems impossible

the collections i can work with a bit to get those down, i know i can get at least 4 of those 6 deleted IF they come back DV or the dispute thing doesnt work so im willing to pay those from 2010 on up....

Cherry on top CAP ONE DENIED my req for a secured and unsecured card and i just got the letter in the mail.. the reason NOT related to the baddies.. but because of too many inquiries, a too new cc, and length of credit history which is BULL**bleep**.. ughhhhhhhhh

Lender Pull:

Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 15
shanao621
Regular Contributor

@lesse wrote:

i DO still have baddiies up there but for the most part they are aging..

i have 4 chargeoffs.. (2 first premier is paid but not yet showing paid.. but i didnt think that mattered a c/o is still a c/o, although this will help my Util which is terrible & a c/o loan from 2006 and a c/o cc from 2006 - these 2 are not paid but should fall off end of 2014)

I have 6 collection accounts

macys paid (2006), medical collection unpaid (2007), another medical unpaid (2010) and then i have 3 other unpaid collection for utility stuff 2011 for 2 of them and 2012 for one of them.

My positives are a macys AU cc from 1999 and a NFCU cc from 3/2013 and a paid in full no lates auto loan.

out of the recent collections i have either disputed them, BBB or DV them.. so i can hopefully get rid of some more collections but those 2 large c/o's are going to have to stick.. i can pay the cc but its so old i dont think that it would really help.

6 collections will kill your score especially with one as recent as 2012. It doesn't matter if you've had a ton removed, the presence of any collection paid or unpaid is considered a huge red flag and will completely depress your score. The fact that they are in different years even if the oldest are from 2006 and 2007 doesn't matter because it demonstrates a pattern of defaulting on your debt responsibilities. Having only 3 positives and so many really derogatory negatives will kill your score. Moving from 23 to 10 derogs and only 3 positives is still really bad. You need way more bads then good. I have 24 accounts in good standing and 8 derogs that are super old and my credit score has been stuck in the mid 600s for well over a year now. When my credit score is broken down into pieces it almost always comes down to the fact that I still have 2 collections and a foreclosure (which drops off in 2 months) on my report. You really won't see your score improve until your file has more good accounts than bad and those collections aging will help but until they are all gone you're going to be stuck scorewise. 

Starting Score: FICO TU 503 FICO EX 470 FICO EQ 498
Current Score: FICO TU 705 EX 698 FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700 Club

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.