Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

120 day lates - Score Question

tag
aman31
New Contributor

120 day lates - Score Question

What is the highest score that you can have if you have some 120 days late from 3 to 5 years ago. I dont think I can get these removal so I am wondering if I am stuck at 650 until they fall off. Thanks.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
bobtail
Regular Contributor

Re: 120 day lates - Score Question

Hello,

I have two baddies. 120+ day late on mtg., from 12/04 and a paid judgment from 12/04. My EQ is 700. The mtg. has been paid in full.  The mtg. does not report on my TU, that score is 711.

It seems the older the lates are, the less impact on your score. I only have one cc with a 320 TL. My oldest closed account is 18yrs.

I am sure different factors are considered for each individuals report, but 700 is attainable with a major late in your report.

Message 2 of 5
aman31
New Contributor

Great to know. I just need to work a little harder to get a few other things off my report and hopefully I get closer to 680/700 to get a mortgage soon.
Message 3 of 5
DI
Super Contributor

When I pulled my FICO scores, I had a 725 with EQ.  My EQ report contained one 120 days late from 2004.

On the hand  my TU report which is impeccable, my score was 771.  That could be due to my having a longer credit history with TU.I'm not really sure how many points the 5 year old 120 days late is having on my score.  

Message 4 of 5
marty56
Super Contributor

I have a 120 day late from August 2005.  My TU score has been as high as 777 when I have 0% util.  EX had been 762 and EQ highest has been 749.   My scores havent changed all that much over the last year so IMHO I am getting near or at the limit in terms of a major derog score bucket.

Even with that black mark, I had been able to get the credit I wanted at the best rates being offered so keep that in mind when looking at your scores.

IMHO a 120 day late will hurt your score a lot until the day it falls off.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.