Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$1400 Apartment Collections HELP !! (HUD) National Credit System

tag
Penister1983
Established Member

$1400 Apartment Collections HELP !! (HUD) National Credit System

The property manager failed to properly follow HUD certification procedures prior to my move in resulting in me receiving double subsidy.She did not run me or my kids information through EIV until after my move in, but that is suppose to be done prior to move in. This step would have shown that I was already receiving subsidy at another property, which is what I told her. I told her I had to give them a 30 day notice and she agreed. I paid a security deposit to secure the unit the end of the 30 days. I did not pay any rent until move in day. She also failed to timely report changes throughout the course of my lease, and subsequently I was penalized for it. She was later terminated for multiple violations and misconduct. My initial rent payment was $102 per month, but I paid $152 every month that I occupied the unit. I paid my own utilities out of pocket including light, water, trash, and sewer. I can provide documentation from Entergy as well as Central Arkansas Water of the debit transactions from the processed payments. I NEVER received any type of utility assistance checks from the property during the duration of my lease. At the end of my lease agreement, a 30 day notice was provided, and the keys were surrendered to Ms. Moody. The keys were not surrendered until 2 weeks after my move out because we did not have a permanent on site Property Manager. Someone would be in the office maybe once per week but there were no set days. You had to catch up with them if you could. I can provide up to 4 statements from residents who resided at the property at the time who can attest to this. I wanted to turn the keys in to do a walk thru of the unit, but when I did catch up with Ms. Moody to turn in the keys, she stated that it "wasn't necessary." The only charges that are correct and that I am responsible for are the damage charges, and I have no problem paying them.The balance should only reflect damages for charges. WHAT do I need to do to have the charges removed from my credit report ?? The reporting agency is National Credit Systems, and the ledger they have is full of multiple inaccuracies.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: $1400 Apartment Collections HELP !! (HUD) National Credit System

What are the charges?
Message 2 of 4
Penister1983
Established Member

$8 damage fee for a tear in the floor (guilty)
The remainder is for "utility assistance" that I never received, they charged me pro-rated rent for the 2 weeks after I vacated because I still had possession of the keys.(waiting to catch someone in the office . And it stayed rent/fraud because once I reported a change in income she never adjusted my rent. She said she didn't because I wasn't going to renew my lease at the end of the of it, which was about 5-6 more months. Again, she was termed for multiple reasons, including drug use, she was buying prescription pills from tenants.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is why before I move out I want to know if I owe any debts to my landlord.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.