Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1hr/1day late

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

1hr/1day late

Hello folks, on one of my credit cards through PNC I paid my bill one hour late but after 6-7PM the payment will not credit until the next day. My question is in regards to utilization, my bill was due 12-6 so it technically was paid 12-6 but the time accounts for 12-7 will it report the utilization without my payment now? I know I won't get a thirty day late but I was hoping to report a super low balance and I may have missed it now.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 1hr/1day late

Your statement end date is most likely a few days after your payment due date, so when you statement cuts your payment may reflect in the reporting to the CRAs.

The real issue I would be worried about is the late payment, however. While this late payment does not cross the threshold of being reported to the CRAs, it will certainly be present in PNC’s internal system. 5 minutes, 1 hour, etc is still late to them. While lates like this may not effect FICO scores, it can still lead to AA, no CLIs in the near future, even account closure in extreme instances. It’s always a good idea to make your payment with plenty of time to spare for unforeseen issues (website down, etc.)
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand that for sure this is a nearly two yr old secure card I no longer want and my first time late but unforseen circumstances happened omw home from work. Is there a way to check statement cut?
Message 3 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Most companies will post the date you submitted the payment once it goes thru online with your verification #. Even though it wont show up for a day or two like weekends. You can find your statement date online. Click on statments and read one of them usually in PDF format. Look at the cycle date on the e-bill. The ending date says it all. And some companies have online the actual date the statement ends. Dont have PNC so I dont know what there website looks like. You may have gotten in by the skin on your teeth. Let us know.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.