Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1st PFD Success

tag
Sassy_Taurus
Frequent Contributor

1st PFD Success

I received a SW alert on Sunday upon checking it I saw that it was a new account added. I felt defeated because I had just received another SW alert that my fico had gone up to 598. This new account dropped it down to 565. After crying like really crying I called the collection agency yesterday. I spoke with a really nice lady and explained that I never received dunning notice before they started reporting. I offered to pay the debt if they would remove it from my CR. She agreed and stated that after I paid and payment cleared she would email a letter and mail a hard copy stating that they would remove it.

Today I received an email from her with an attachment on company letterhead stating that all 3 bureaus have been notified to delete trade line.

*Happydance*
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
westo12
Established Contributor

Re: 1st PFD Success

Congrats!!  Will you share name of CA in case any of us have something with them also?  

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 2 of 5
Sassy_Taurus
Frequent Contributor

Thanks. The name of the CA is Credit Bureau of America.
Message 3 of 5
Goal850
Regular Contributor

Omg I have a collection with them too. Can u pm me the ladys name so I can contact her when I'm ready to pfd?
Message 4 of 5
nd9811
New Visitor

I had the same experience with cba and it is something any collection agency will do with this agency. I was skeptical at first because they wouldn't send it to me in writing first and it seemed to easy for them to agree the first time I spoke with them over the pbone. I decided to pay the debt and recieved notification within 24 hours that the cra's had been notified to remove the debt. The collection was no longer on any record with any cra within a week.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.