cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 CRA's showing open account, don't have a card ? Old TL?

tag
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

2 CRA's showing open account, don't have a card ? Old TL?

Rebuilding in small step, TU and EQ shows an old account this still says, Open, no lates, available credit $ 300.00, but, I have no card ?

This is a Commity issued card, (Pebbles) and the only "open" account showing. Not on EX. 

Working on getting 1 paid medical baddie and pd judgement off before applying for others.

How, if possible,  to see if this TL is still available and get the card ? Call ? 

Really not looking forward to Commity to pull again if that what it takes.

Suggestions on getting this account going and reporting again ?

FICO :November 2016
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: 2 CRA's showing open account, don't have a card ? Old TL?

If you dont have a card, chances are that the account is closed, meaning you cannot make charges on the account.

If in doubt, simply contact the creditor and inquire as to its status.

It is not uncommon for creditors to neglect to update accounts with the CRAs to show that they are closed.

You can, if you choose, file a dispute and force them to update to its correct status.

However, it is often to the consumer's benefit to let an account continue to show as open.

The CRAs begin a 10 year period after account closure, which upon expiration will result in their administrative deletion of the account from your credit file.

That will cause loss of the account in your AAoA calculation.

Also, while open, the CL will continue to be included in your % util calculation.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cuthatcard wrote:

Rebuilding in small step, TU and EQ shows an old account this still says, Open, no lates, available credit $ 300.00, but, I have no card ?

This is a Commity issued card, (Pebbles) and the only "open" account showing. Not on EX. 

Working on getting 1 paid medical baddie and pd judgement off before applying for others.

How, if possible,  to see if this TL is still available and get the card ? Call ? 

Really not looking forward to Commity to pull again if that what it takes.

Suggestions on getting this account going and reporting again ?

It's amazing how many different cards that Comenity has.  Never heard of it myself.  You should Google them and call them up.  If the account is still open, they could probably send you a card.  Question is-Did you open the account yourself?  You never really said in your posting. 

Message 3 of 4
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

Yes, as far as opening. .but..it was WFF...something -another back in the day !
This is a 20 yr old tl and I've just began my pursuit of checking reports.

Think I'll let it show "open" , for a while. .until I get the 2 baddies off (weeks-hopefully ),then ..try for a real open CC account.

Thanks for the replies!
FICO :November 2016
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.