cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Collection Agencies one account?

tag
Regular Contributor

Re: 2 Collection Agencies one account?

Third time calling Direct TV, still got a "No" we will only report the amount as paid, but the good news is we will turn your satelight back on."  Ugh!
MyFico's:
June 09: TU 591, EQ 526, EX 576
June 10: TU 647 EQ 643, EX 661
March 12: TU 700 EQ 700
Message 11 of 12
Regular Contributor

Re: 2 Collection Agencies one account?

Just to update, I finally spoke to enough people that I thought I had figured this out.  The first collection agency said that Direct TV took the account back 11 days ago.   They told me they sent a letter to all three bureau's asking for deletion of this account.  Then I called direct TV because the second agency has not started reporting yet.  I ended up paying Direct TV, getting a confirmation number and then I called the second agency to tell them this account was already paid with Direct TV and I gave them the confirmation number.  They told me, "Direct TV was not suppose to accept payment on this account as we are the owners of this account."  I told them, "well, they took my payment so you will have to work out the details with them."  Now, I'm worried, what do you think happens in these cases?  I don't want it to show up on my report as paid collection. 
MyFico's:
June 09: TU 591, EQ 526, EX 576
June 10: TU 647 EQ 643, EX 661
March 12: TU 700 EQ 700
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.