Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 collection, same CA

tag
Teasha
Regular Contributor

Re: 2 collection, same CA

@RobertEG wrote:

An OC cannot "pull back" credit reporting done by another party, even if that party is their assigned debt collector.  They must notify the debt collector that the debt has been satisfied, which automatically terminates their collection authority.

When the debt is paid, regardless of whether paid through the debt collector or directly to the creditor, the debt collector is then required to make further reporting that the debt is now $0, and the collection is closed.

From that point on, their collection is closed, so there is no more reporting to be done.  That is not the same as requiring them to delete prior, accurate reporting.

In fact, the credit reporting manual and agreements with the CRAs specifically instruct that prior reporting is not to be deleted based on payment of the debt.

Simply stated, payment of the debt is not basis for deletion or termination of reporting.  It is basis for further reporting.

I was miss informed by the OC. Not quite sure why she would use the terminology  "pull pack the collection from the CA" I've never heard it before so thought to clarify... And you did. And of course the CA won't continue to report, there isn't anything. 0 Paid, that's it! It was merely a request in good faith for PFD.  

This medical account was originally through his insurance company and the insurance didn't pay, claiming pre existing. No calls emails or snail mail was sent from the OC and first knowledge of this account was when DH pulled his credit report.  I was only informed of those details when I called to pay. This account wouldn't make it to collection if people just did their job.  It appears to me that when it comes down to reporting accurate information on any accounts and have the power when they're too lazy to do the job they were employed to do, it's easier to ruin people's credit. 

The amount if times I've called companies out on bad account keeping is numerous. 

... Just for the record

Starting Score: 0 No score until August 2011
Current Score: 11/17/22 EQ Fico 821, 4/28/22 TU Fico 828, 4/28/22 EX fico 811
Goal Score: 800
My wallet: Capital 1 Venture $13,000 | Amex BCP $22,000 | Amex BSE $8200 | Discover it $23,500 | Discover $7, 000 | Lowe's $15,000 | DCU $2,000 | CITI TYP $14,000 | CITI Simplicity $8,100 | Amazon Chase $14,400 | DCU Visa $2000 | Barclay's $4,550
Back in the garden!
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 13
Mondavi
Regular Contributor

Was this debt assigned to the CA by the OC to collect the debt? In that case  if the OC has a good relationship with the CA then they could ask the CA to remove the negative trade line. Does the CA have to? No but they could honor the OC request.

I had a small medical bill that was reported by the CA that was assigned to the debt.  I called the OC and paid them. Before I did pay I asked if they would ask the CA  if  they would remove the negative. So I did get a letter from the OC saying the account would be removed. Even though I knew the CA did not have to remove it. I just thought by the OC putting it in writing It would make them feel like they needed to honor the request. Two weeks later it was gone.

Good Luck.

Message 12 of 13
Teasha
Regular Contributor

@Mondavi wrote:

Was this debt assigned to the CA by the OC to collect the debt? In that case  if the OC has a good relationship with the CA then they could ask the CA to remove the negative trade line. Does the CA have to? No but they could honor the OC request.

I had a small medical bill that was reported by the CA that was assigned to the debt.  I called the OC and paid them. Before I did pay I asked if they would ask the CA  if  they would remove the negative. So I did get a letter from the OC saying the account would be removed. Even though I knew the CA did not have to remove it. I just thought by the OC putting it in writing It would make them feel like they needed to honor the request. Two weeks later it was gone.

Good Luck.

Thanks Mondavi,

It was assigned to the CA from the OC. infact the OC when I asked, said they will request it to be removed when thhave form them of the payments. I also wrote a thank you email to the OC and re-iterated may appreciation for submitting the "Deletion request" tot the CA and to let me know when it's been updated.

i do believe it will have positive results but will wait the couple of weeks to let it all settle. on the 16th I PFD'd another account and it was off 2 of the CRA's in 48hrs, am waiting on the EQ to remove And update next month

Starting Score: 0 No score until August 2011
Current Score: 11/17/22 EQ Fico 821, 4/28/22 TU Fico 828, 4/28/22 EX fico 811
Goal Score: 800
My wallet: Capital 1 Venture $13,000 | Amex BCP $22,000 | Amex BSE $8200 | Discover it $23,500 | Discover $7, 000 | Lowe's $15,000 | DCU $2,000 | CITI TYP $14,000 | CITI Simplicity $8,100 | Amazon Chase $14,400 | DCU Visa $2000 | Barclay's $4,550
Back in the garden!
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.