Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 months post discharge update

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 months post discharge update

Hello all,

I'm updating the forum here after being discharged 1/15/21. I tried following the 24 months to 700 credit thread but couldn't get approved for Credit One. 

I opened an Open Sky $200 limit only on 1/25/21 and got an auto loan  2/12/21 (2018 Chevy Equinox LT AWD) I decided after letting a payment report for open sky and letting the auto loan report to try for the Credit One again this morning 3/11/21 and I pre-qualified. Did the application and was approved for a $300 limit. I burned Cap 1 & Discover only. I'm taking it slowly but I think in a couple of months I'll try for a store card and let my credit build up for two years while all those auto inquiries fall off. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 2 months post discharge update

Off to a good start, keep up the good work.

Message 2 of 4
kittycreditmeow
Frequent Contributor

Nice work! I burned credit one previously so I couldn't get pre approved with them. I tried a few times after my discharge. Funny cause capital one owns credit one I think right? Capital one was the first ones to give me a credit card but credit one will not. No more annual fee cards for me. 

Message 3 of 4
mycreditscoreisfair
Frequent Contributor

@kittycreditmeow wrote:

Nice work! I burned credit one previously so I couldn't get pre approved with them. I tried a few times after my discharge. Funny cause capital one owns credit one I think right? Capital one was the first ones to give me a credit card but credit one will not. No more annual fee cards for me. 

Negative, Capital One and Credit One are two independent companies. 

Starting score (January 2020): 454 (TU)
First goal (December 2020): 580 (TU)
Second goal (August 2021): 670 (TU)
Current scores: 679 (TU), 665 (EQ), 658 (EX)
Current goal: All three bureaus over 670

Declined credit cards: First Premier Bank, Verve, Self, Credit One, Today Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.