Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2+ year old 30 day late

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2+ year old 30 day late

As I'm working hard to rebuild, I'm wondering which items are worth pursuing. I've got a 30 day late on the final payment of an 8 year Harley loan dated 6/2018. Would having this item eliminated make any difference at this point? I'm not even sure if it's accurate or why I would've paid that final payment late. Also, there's one other 30 day late from 11/16. Not sure how much those are affecting me. Any insight is appreciated!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2+ year old 30 day late

@Anonymous wrote:

As I'm working hard to rebuild, I'm wondering which items are worth pursuing. I've got a 30 day late on the final payment of an 8 year Harley loan dated 6/2018. Would having this item eliminated make any difference at this point? I'm not even sure if it's accurate or why I would've paid that final payment late. Also, there's one other 30 day late from 11/16. Not sure how much those are affecting me. Any insight is appreciated!

Honestly, this should be your last fight. Also, if they are accurate, there isn't much you can do. I reached very high 700s with multiple old lates so don't stress too much. I'd concentrate on lowering UTI, paying collections/chargeoffs, if any, etc. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

30d lates sting to your scores tend to fade after 2 years.

Like mentioned above, focus on util and any CAs/COs.

If you have lates 90d+ (which sting the entire 7 years) or 30/60d lates younger than 2 years, those would be the ones to persue removal of.

Good luck!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

As the others stated after the two-year mark the stings go down. You could try goodwill letters to see if they will take the lates off. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.