cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20 Point jump in FICO score, PreQual for Discover IT (UPDATE: Approved)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 20 Point jump in FICO score, PreQual for Discover IT

Congrats on the new Disco card!

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Congrats! Hit em up for a SP CLI after 90 days. And again every 30 days after statement cuts. Once you hit their top end for you then it will slow down. You could be 3k or more by then.

Thanks so much, FireMedic1, this is so good to know! And thanks everyone for your congrats! Cat Happy

I'll be looking forward to a CLI, but after being constrained by $200-250 limits, $800 feels fabulous! Of course I know more available credit is going to help my overall utilization (and boy, could I use help with that! Cat Wink ) but at the same time, I've got no need for multiple tens of thousands in credit. A $3000 limit sounds fantastic to me and perfect for my needs! I'll look forward to getting there! 

Message 12 of 16
DR527
Regular Contributor

So I had no idea that Discover or any Credit Card site had something like a pre qualified app? I just read your thread opened up a new tab. Went  straight to Discovers website and applied. It took about a minute, And i got the same approval for the two cards. But a APR of 23.24% and 14 months 0% APR.  Thanks for the info, Ill pass right now on the card. But if you or anyone else knows of any more sites like that. Please share.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are prequal pages for Discover, Citi, Bank of America, American Express, Chase, Capital One, and others. Just google “(bank name) prequalify” and you’ll get links.
Message 14 of 16
DR527
Regular Contributor

Yeah I did just that after i wrote my post. If only they told you what range of a SL you'd get i might jump. I really want a American Express card. And it approved me for the Gold. So temping but not worth it at the moment without knowing what my SL would be. 

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would be nice to have an idea of the SL wouldn’t it? One of the many things on my credit wish list...
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.