cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$2000 limit credit card or a CAR LOAN which one will build my credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

$2000 limit credit card or a CAR LOAN which one will build my credit?

This is my cousins account.

Just was browsing through the forum getting educated. I wanted to know what would be the best approach when trying to get my credit score to increase by 80-100 points in 6 months

My current score is 550... and that's with one credit card, 5 baddies all old and small amounts. No judgement. I wanted to know what would be best to obtain a $2000 limit credit card and maintain it and keep balance usage low or a car loan? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: $2000 limit credit card or a CAR LOAN which one will build my credit?

@Anonymous wrote:

This is my cousins account.

Just was browsing through the forum getting educated. I wanted to know what would be the best approach when trying to get my credit score to increase by 80-100 points in 6 months

My current score is 550... and that's with one credit card, 5 baddies all old and small amounts. No judgement. I wanted to know what would be best to obtain a $2000 limit credit card and maintain it and keep balance usage low or a car loan? 

I would not suggest getting an auto loan unless you actually NEED another car. You can fill the installment loan slot for credit mix with a small secured loan $300-$500 or so, and get just as much FICO mileage from it as a $25K auto loan. I would suggest opening a Secured loan from SDFCU. Once the loan proceeds are deposited in the account, move them back to savings and use it to get a secured credit card with them. That gets you second card and a nice score boost. Next, app for a Captial One card. If approved you will have the recommended 3 bank cards and installment account.

Message 2 of 3
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: $2000 limit credit card or a CAR LOAN which one will build my credit?

Norman I totally agree with you. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.