Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2008 RULING on FTC -vs- Jefferson Capital/compucredit

tag
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Re: 2008 RULING on FTC -vs- Jefferson Capital/compucredit

congratulations Gypsysoul I knew it would work out for you!

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 21 of 81
DM6410
Regular Contributor

@pmatt1 wrote:

I  had an Aspire visa card that fell under the ruling. It was removed by Jefferson Capital, but was purchased by Midland Credit in 2009. According to what I read in the ruling this account  was not to have been reported by the OC as well as any 3rd parties. I am fighting to get this removed now and have filed a complaint with the BBB. Still waiting on the results. Disputing with the CRA did not help. They all responded that the account belonged to me.

I can relate to Midland, they are definitely the worst CA to deal with. Everytime I disputed with the CBs, they always come back verified and belonging to me. I have tried numerous times to dispute TL since I didn't think they could still report given the judgement (original card Aspire VISA and Tribute MC) but to NO avail, they tell me that only original creditor couldn't report but since they own acct they are able to report....or some crap like that they stated to me....Nonetheless, I am waiting for my TLs to come off between Jan - April 2013 in the meantime. Both accts were settled and considered PIF back in 2010. I do have an email for Midland, it didn't help me but it did others on the forum and it may help you, I can pm it to you if you'd like.

As far as my credit goes, I am a work in progress...
Message 22 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks everyone!! If it wasn't for you all, it would not have happend. There is a lot of great information on this board and the SEARCH bar can be a good friend!! Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 81
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@DM6410 wrote:

@pmatt1 wrote:

I  had an Aspire visa card that fell under the ruling. It was removed by Jefferson Capital, but was purchased by Midland Credit in 2009. According to what I read in the ruling this account  was not to have been reported by the OC as well as any 3rd parties. I am fighting to get this removed now and have filed a complaint with the BBB. Still waiting on the results. Disputing with the CRA did not help. They all responded that the account belonged to me.

I can relate to Midland, they are definitely the worst CA to deal with. Everytime I disputed with the CBs, they always come back verified and belonging to me. I have tried numerous times to dispute TL since I didn't think they could still report given the judgement (original card Aspire VISA and Tribute MC) but to NO avail, they tell me that only original creditor couldn't report but since they own acct they are able to report....or some crap like that they stated to me....Nonetheless, I am waiting for my TLs to come off between Jan - April 2013 in the meantime. Both accts were settled and considered PIF back in 2010. I do have an email for Midland, it didn't help me but it did others on the forum and it may help you, I can pm it to you if you'd like.

Unfortunately, they are right. Fortunately, when I sent the pages of the case to the CRA's, they didn't really look that much into it and deleted the entries anyway. Hahahah.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 24 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now is the fun part which involves daily pulls on EQ to see when they take it off. I really can't wait to see it GONE!!! It's gonna be a long 30 days.

Message 25 of 81
traveler2005
Established Contributor

I doubt it will take 30 days, when mine were deleted, they were off within 5 days. TU as usual taking the most time,  Best wishes!!!

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 26 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks again traveller. that is welcome news!

Message 27 of 81
pmatt1
Valued Member

Yes. Any ammo I can use would be helpful. Please send me a PM with the info.

Thanks

Starting Score: 518
Current Score: EQ 612(Lender Pull) TU585EX 584 null)
Goal Score: 720

Message 28 of 81
DM6410
Regular Contributor

@pmatt1 wrote:

Yes. Any ammo I can use would be helpful. Please send me a PM with the info.

Thanks

Just sent it, check your inbox!

As far as my credit goes, I am a work in progress...
Message 29 of 81
dbslove
Contributor

I am still waiting on them to delete with the CRA, I received my letter on 6/11/12, and JC said they would notify the CRA to delete but to allow 30 days..

Message 30 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.