Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2008 RULING on FTC -vs- Jefferson Capital/compucredit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2008 RULING on FTC -vs- Jefferson Capital/compucredit

Did you receive any more info on this? i am in the same boat with Midland/MCM. i sent a dv letter to them last week and then they sent me an account print out of all "my charges" from 2007 and 2008 from my imagine cc. Not sure on how to proceed with them and if i should just wait it out and let it sit on my credit or pfd if possible.

Message 31 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

JEFF CAP was finally deleted today!! yes! so it took about 2 1/2 weeks for anyone that is wondering on a timeline

Message 32 of 81
dbslove
Contributor

Thanks..so far experian has deleted..still waiting on transfer and equifax
Message 33 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

i only checked EQ. going to wait for my last two baddies to fall off in a few months before i pull TU. I get EX monthly from FP bank(i know, just not ready to dump them yet, lol) 

Message 34 of 81
dbslove
Contributor

Equifax and Experian deleted, still waiting on transunion... Not sure how many points i gained back yet

Message 35 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Fiance had an Aspire card with them and he has Jefferson Capital on his collection accounts.  I am trying to find out who was eligible according to the ruling in 2008. How do I find out if he was an eligible consumer?

Message 36 of 81
traveler2005
Established Contributor

see your pm

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 37 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please send me the info on how to find out if my ASPEN card account should have been included in the FTC lawsuit?  Thank you!!

Message 38 of 81
purbutterfly77
Valued Member

Can someone please send me the info on how to find out if my imagine card was in this lawsuit?

Message 39 of 81
alexhortdog
Regular Contributor

Same here.  I paid Jefferson off in Feb of last year, and they were collecting for Tribute.  It doesn't appear that the Tribute card is on my CRA reports, so I'm thinking that would put me into the list of accounts that Jefferson shouldn't be putting in there.

I sent a GW letter to them last week, we'll see what happens.  If they don't reply to my letter in a couple of weeks, I'll play hardball and demand that it be taken off due to the lawsuit.

Starting Score: 605 (Experian); 588 (Equifax); 590 (TransUnion)
Current Score: 626 (Experian); 667 (Equifax); 670 (TransUnion)
Goal Score: 800

Message 40 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.