Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

22 point score increase!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

22 point score increase!!

I paid off Ad Astra on 10/26 and yesterday I received a notification that my score increased 22 points! The account was supposed to be deleted in 30 days but it looks like it only took them a couple weeks. I'm down to two collections from like 10+ plus. I never thought I'd be here. Granted the last two collections are beast but I plan on PFD if possible. One is with Portfolio which is a guaranteed deletion. I'm going to work EXTREMELY hard to settle it by the end of the year.

The other is wit Key2Recovery, they haven't been much fun to work with, I'll be dragging my feet with them. The goal is to get the original creditor to recall the debt so that I can pay them directly. Key2Recovery has added at least 2 grand in collection fees for a 6 year old debt which is ridiculous. In the past the original creditor said they couldn't recall the debt but I feel like the staff has changed so I may be in a better position. 

I'll keep you guys updated, thanks again for everyones contributions, support, and advice.

*I haven't updated my sig yet, waiting on EX and TU to update on the 11th.

5 REPLIES 5
StillKicking
Contributor

Re: 22 point score increase!!

Congrats on the increase.

And more importantly, the hard work and dedication towards your rebuild.

Wait till the last two baddies are off your reports!

Fico 8 Scores 10-19-20
Message 2 of 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your success!
Message 3 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Whos the OC? Congrats on tackling your debts. The OC may be one that will do a recall. We need to know who it is. Welcome!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Whos the OC? Congrats on tackling your debts. The OC may be one that will do a recall. We need to know who it is. Welcome!

Thanks so much! It's my old university, not much I can really do about it besides hoping they'll recall it. 

Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Some very solid progress here, congrats are in order Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.