cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

26 point jump?

tag
kmkrhb

26 point jump?

I posted another thread about direct loan lates affecting my husband's score here ... but I did have one other quick question:

Our only other hope for raising his CS the 26 points we need it to re-qualify for our mortgage on the house we're closing on in 2 weeks is the one credit card he has out. He used to have two-- one that was $1000 CL with $1000 high credit, but we paid that off a year ago and he closed it (we didn't realize at the time we probably should have left it open)

The other credit card that is currently active had a limit of $1200. He had a balance of $1243. We paid it down to $120, per our lender's suggestion. We got a letter with this balance and she is going to get a Quickscore Rescore.

If his revolving debt was over 100% utilization and it's now down to 10%, I am praying that this could potentially be enough to boost his score back up to  qualifying (which would be a 26 point increase). Can anyone say if this is wishful thinking or if it might be possibile based on those numbers??

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: 26 point jump?

it is possible.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@DaveSignal wrote:

it is possible.

+1. Especially if that was the only CC over the limit and/or utilization was listed as a negative factor in your tri-merge report.

Message 3 of 5
kmkrhb

This part?

• Serious Delinquency
  • Number of accounts with Delinquency
  • Proportion of balances to credit limits is too high on bank revolving accounts
  • Too many accounts with balances
  • Number of inquiries impacted score
Message 4 of 5
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

I'd say you have a very good chance of the 26pt increase. I know just by dropping my util by 25% that I had an instant increase of close to 10pts. So I'm sure dropping it ~90% will provide a nice incease.

Good Luck,

John

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.