cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 NFCU Cards - Will those work for rebuilding purposes same as 3 cards from different lenders?

tag
ntx
Regular Contributor

3 NFCU Cards - Will those work for rebuilding purposes same as 3 cards from different lenders?

Hi Everyone,

My plan is to get 2 additional cards from NFCU over the next 6-12 months. I'm not sure which ones yet, but I can't see actually ever using any more than those 3 cards. 

For rebuilding purposes, and over the long term for that matter, will those 3 unsecured cards from NFCU work just as well as say a card each from Chase, BoA, and Citi? Or do you get extra points for cards from multiple lenders and / or big bank lenders? 

Thank you,

NTX

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
BmoreBull
Established Contributor

Re: 3 NFCU Cards - Will those work for rebuilding purposes same as 3 cards from different lenders?

Any 3 cards will work for rebuilding. I have read on here not to use a cu card if you are attempting AZEO. Not sure the reason for this, but everyone always say let a bank card be your card reporting if you're doing AZEO. With thre cards all from a cu, you wouldn't have a choice. Also, I would worry about having all my financial eggs in one cu basket. Probably best to diversify a little. 

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 2 of 5
ntx
Regular Contributor

Re: 3 NFCU Cards - Will those work for rebuilding purposes same as 3 cards from different lenders?

Good points, thank you BmoreBull. 

Message 3 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

You can use the cards since they're MC/Visa/AMEX. Its AMEX Charge cards that wont work.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BmoreBull wrote:

Any 3 cards will work for rebuilding. I have read on here not to use a cu card if you are attempting AZEO. Not sure the reason for this, but everyone always say let a bank card be your card reporting if you're doing AZEO. With thre cards all from a cu, you wouldn't have a choice. Also, I would worry about having all my financial eggs in one cu basket. Probably best to diversify a little. 

from my understanding, some CUs code differently on the CRs, making them not usable for AZEO as the non-zero card.

Also, people suggest, as above, to not put all your eggs in one basket. If something spirals or AA happens with one bank, that would be against all the cards you have with them and all your CCs in general then!

Good luck!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.