Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 collections deleted

tag
Booner72
Senior Contributor

3 collections deleted

Hi everyone.  Rebuilding credit is a frustrating and upsetting process.  On Tuesday this week a CA agreed to DELETE 3 collections!  I was so excited, I thought my score would go thru the roof.

Nothing changed on my score - my new report just has 3 collections added (I guess they didn't fit before) though they are all bankruptcy collections from 2005.  They do say "included in bankruptcy" - but still. 

How frustrating!  if this is going to happen, what is the point.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tamdugg1980
Contributor

Re: 3 collections deleted

I will admit the credit rebuilding process is not an overnight thing.  But when you think about it, you didn't get into debt overnight either.  Keep pushing.  There have been days when I wanted to give up, there have been days when no matter what I said, no matter what I did, I was told no.  But I'm gonig to keep pushing because this is MY credit, MY life.  I refuse to be a victim of my credit score anymore.  I've read stories of some of the members on this forum that have given me hope, that have inspried me to continue on this path to good credit.  I am still in my process, I've paid off a few collections, all of which are scheduled to be deleted but havent yet.  I check my report daily, hoping that one day, will be the day they are gone.  Dont give up...it's frustrating, but don't give up!

Starting score: (April 2011) 530 - myFICO EQ
Current score: (04/2012) EQ - 608 (myFICO), EX FAKO - 671, TU FAKO - 619

Let's see what happens once they report minus the late payments!!!!!!
Message 2 of 4
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Booner72 wrote:

Hi everyone.  Rebuilding credit is a frustrating and upsetting process.  On Tuesday this week a CA agreed to DELETE 3 collections!  I was so excited, I thought my score would go thru the roof.

Nothing changed on my score - my new report just has 3 collections added (I guess they didn't fit before) though they are all bankruptcy collections from 2005.  They do say "included in bankruptcy" - but still. 

How frustrating!  if this is going to happen, what is the point.

Depending on how many items on your report to begin with, your score might not move at all. Actually; often it won't move with the removal of collections until you get them all removed.

Example: When I started I had a score of 502, with 19 items in collections. Within 2 months I had 9 of them removed either via dispure (old information) or pay for delete. My score went down because of my credit card utilization going up. I saw no movement positive at all.

Conversely, I paid down about 8 grand worth of credit card debt, and my score shot up to over 600.  Fico scoring is fickle.

However, now that the collections are aging, and I have positive marks on my credit (5 accounts in good standing for the last two years) I am seeing small incremental bumps each time I get a collection account removed. For example, I was at 637 a couple days ago. Nothing new is reporting, exact same balances. But I had a $500 dollar pay for delete come off. I am standing at 644 now. Maybe it was the additional aging? Maybe it was the collection account coming off? Who knows. Welcome to fico lol

I personally don't get too bent out of shape or frustrated with credit repair. I treat it like a game, like a challenge. In addition; I got myself into this hole. I can give long winded excuses on what I got into trouble to begin with, but WHY you get into debt is irrelevant. Lots of people with worse problems than me paid their bills. Even if my score doesn't go up, I feel accomplishment when I pay off a debt, and even more accomplishment if I was able to negotiate something of value for myself, such as a pay for delete

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 3 of 4
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Thanks Scott and Tammdug.  You both have good advice in terms of keeping with it.  And you are both right, this entire mess is my fault.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.