Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 Day Late Now Showing As N/A

tag
rbentley
Established Contributor

30 Day Late Now Showing As N/A

Ok, so I have a Cap1 QS card (with AF).  It has two 30 day lates from a prior Issuer (Householders or Orchard, I dont remember).  Those lates are from February and May, 2012.  They will be aging off in 2019, but both have shown up on my reports as 30 days late.  I get a daily EX IdentityWorks report and last week it started showing the February 2012 late as "NA" rather than "30". Does "NA" mean "Not Available"?  Why would that be?  I have not asked for EE.  May still reports as "30".  

What should I make of this?  I have not noticed any difference in my EX scoring but wouldn't see that until January.  I don't know if the "NA" status is also on TU and EQ.  When that might happen to the May late?  Thoughts?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 30 Day Late Now Showing As N/A

The only way it gets changed is if the creditor does it.
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: 30 Day Late Now Showing As N/A

Payment history profile is reported to the CRAs under the Metro 2 format as a long string of letters and numbers, such as:

LLGGGGGGGG666543321DD010

which represents the history of each prior month, left to right, going back at least 24 months.

There is no reporting code designated as "NA".

There is, however, a code "D" that is defined as "No payment history reported for this month."

Creditors are not required to provide a delinquency or non-delinquency code for a given month, and are permiited to state that no they are not reporting the status for that prior month.

Commercial credit reports then translate the official reporting string to their own interpretation/language.

The commercial vendor is using the term NA, which I would interpret as their way of showing that the creditor reported a D status for that prior month.

The ambiguity is thus likely with the commercial vendor of your credit report, and not an official reporting made by the creditor.

I would first check the official payment history profile reported to the CRA, such as by checking your more complete credit report available via annualcreditreport.com, or directly from the CRA.

If a creditor is reporting a D for a given month, I would contact them informally and request that they report an actual non-delinquency code provided under the Metro 2 format, such as Paid, or Pays as Agreed.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.