Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 Day late w/ Capital One Credit Card

tag
freshstartguy
Established Member

30 Day late w/ Capital One Credit Card

Hello!

I have recently been reported 30 days late with Capital One. I tried calling and of course, the CS rep said nothing they can do. I read alot of the posts online and have emailed a couple officers of the company with no response. Are there any other email addresses or phone numbers any one can think of to get a 30 day late removed. Any response or advice would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: 30 Day late w/ Capital One Credit Card

@freshstartguy wrote:

Hello!

I have recently been reported 30 days late with Capital One. I tried calling and of course, the CS rep said nothing they can do. I read alot of the posts online and have emailed a couple officers of the company with no response. Are there any other email addresses or phone numbers any one can think of to get a 30 day late removed. Any response or advice would be appreciated.

The CEO is Richard Fairbank. I wouldn’t get my hopes up. They don’t do this, unless there’s a really good reason... like being deployed. Cap One is strict in regards to this. GL

Message 2 of 7
rbentley
Established Contributor

We are not allowed to post email addresses.  If you just google Capital One CEO that will give you the name and email address to use.  It doesn't matter how many different email addresses you use for Cap1 they will all end up in the EO (Executive Offices) and probably with the same Rep.  Repeated requests the next month will automatically be routed to the Rep that likely denied you the month before.

I do not want to discourage you from attempting a good will removal, but you should know that there are many posts in the past year reporting that Cap1 no longer does GW removals.  That is what I was personally told by a Rep from their EO.  By all means try.  You have nothing to lose, but be prepared for a denial.

Message 3 of 7
freshstartguy
Established Member

Thank you! I appreciate the reponse. How do I recover from a 30 day late. Just pay everything down to under 30 % utililization? The late dropped my score 72 points... Ouch!!!

Message 4 of 7
rbentley
Established Contributor

Time is the only way to really recover.  Over time the point penalty lessens.  Someone has a hand chart showing this.  I am away from my home PC but will post it when I can.  It shows you how the points are gradually recovered.  Maybe someone else here can do that before I can.

Message 5 of 7
freshstartguy
Established Member

When you have time that would be great. Thank you so much!

Message 6 of 7
freshstartguy
Established Member

Hello!

I have some amazing news. After being persistent, they removed the 30-day late from all 3 bureaus. I'm shocked. I emailed the executives a total of 3 times. I received a call from a representative from Capital One who told me they could no longer remove 30-day lates due to the federal laws under any circumstance. I advised her that if this is the way Capital One does business, I will tell everyone I know not to do business with them. Call ended. The next day, I get alerts from the 3 bureaus that the late had been removed. SCORE!!! It must have updated in their systems also cause I was approved for a Capital One Kohls charge too! 

Thanks for the encouragement to email them and try. I almost didn't. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.